Building my own web page!! .Mac!? Help.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by -Josh-, Nov 6, 2007.

1. -Josh- macrumors regular

I've always wanted my own page. However, I've never had an opportunity to make one. I'm researching the Website building tool in .Mac..How good is it for those who have used it? How is the customization? Do you recommend it for 1st times? Would I be able to make my page unigue, or are they all similar.

Do you enjoy yours?
    (Link me to your webpage! i'd like to see what you all have made.)

thanks!

Josh

2. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

are you talking about the homepage tool on the .mac site or iweb? if its iweb then yes you can make your site look completely individual and if you can use iwork you already know most of the tools, or you can just customize a template. look here :

http://www.apple.com/ilife/tutorials/

3. dopeytree macrumors regular

Rapidweaver

I've spent alot of time and effort testing various website solutions including .mac wordpress dreamweaver flash rapidweaver and a few others that escape my mind at present.

Rapidweaver has to be the best by MILES!!!

If you use it with the available plugins: blocks, collage and the rest it gives a very easy yet customizable way to do just what you want and themes can be created by you, or use defaults or even buy fully customizable themes!

The possibilities are just endless.

My site was made with rapidweaver:

www.dopeytree.com

4. -Josh- thread starter macrumors regular

That's a nice page! well done.
    So, over all though, since it's included with .Mac, which I already purchased, you'd recommend it?

5. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

i use .mac for y webite, just because it is so well integrated with iWeb

the link to my site is in my signature

6. -Josh- thread starter macrumors regular

Where is the best place to get my own domain name? I don't want the .mac stuff. Thanks.

7. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

www.godaddy.com has really cheap domain names, and they offer domain fowarding so you can point it to your .mac webpage (and it will mask it for you so the people visiting will still see the domain you chose, as opposed to the .mac stuff)

8. -Josh- thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys, you have been a big help.
    Another question:
    Say i didn't buy a domain name now, and I went ahead and just used iWeb and made a website. But then I decided I wanted to domian name, is there anyway I could change it after my site has been created?