"Built-in 7-hour battery" ???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by justin042, Sep 13, 2009.

1. justin042 macrumors newbie

So, I know that the 13" MacBook Pro supposedly gets '7-hour battery' life, but does it really? If any of you have the 13" MBP, how much battery life do you get with yours?

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I get 5 and a half regularly at half brightness with wifi on

3. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

Such manufacturer claims usually have fine print such as VERY aggressively tweaking the power settings -- settings that may or may not be something you're comfortable with given how you use it.

With that said, I don't have a 13" MBP, so I'd have to defer to others for their experiences.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Not Apple. Not sure about the 13", but I got 8+ hours on my MacBook Pro Mid 2009. So did this other battery benchmarking site.

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

"Battery life depends on configuration and use. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information. The wireless productivity test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing various websites and editing text in a word processing document with display brightness set to 50%."

From the bottom of www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs.html

6. earth.mark.two macrumors newbie

earth.mark.two

I do. If I have half brightness and no keyboard backlight I can get around 7 hours with wifi on. It would also depend on what applications you are using when you have it unplugged, some would drain the battery faster than others.

7. Jhanson09 macrumors regular

on my 15" mbp i get 6.5-7 hours with half brightness keyboard backlight on, wifi on, browsing the web and listening to music.

8. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I've been running my new 13" MBP on battery power for about 5.5 hours now and still have about 16 minutes left. It was probably closer to 6 hours but I didn't know it was on battery power for a while before I noticed the magsafe pulled out. I've been using it with a mouse and full brightness with the keyboard lighting off. I'm very happy! :)

9. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

I get 6-7 hours out of mine consistently at four bars of brightness with wifi on.

To be honest, I'm quite amazed at how good this battery is.

10. thesmoth macrumors 6502

If you have clicktoflash installed (so absolutely no flash videos or ads are playing) and you do NOT watch any videos, play any games, or anything like that. You could get 6-7 hours with half brightness, no keyboard backlite, light internet browsing, and things like text editing (very low CPU usage tasks).

Otherwise you are looking at 4-5 with the odd flash video and other more CPU intensive application.

11. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

I got over hours with just basic web browsing and as dim as you can make it...... just wanted to see how long it would last. bluetooth off of course and very little flash or movie watching