Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
Somebody posted that iOS 7 supports the ability for bundled apps to update now? Is this really true?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA

Where's your source for your claim in your original post?

We don't need a source to prove no, you need a source to prove yes..

Apple's not going to make an official statement saying that's not a feature. They would however say if it is a feature. They haven't. There's your source.

squeakr

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2010
Not necessarily. Lots of changes and features go unreported. Look at the observations about the classic tones being changed but that is noted no where as are several other tweaks.

It Is James

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2013
Washington
Not necessarily. Lots of changes and features go unreported. Look at the observations about the classic tones being changed but that is noted no where as are several other tweaks.

Apple did announce that the tones would be changed earlier this year. I don't remember but if it was at WWDC when iOS 7 was announced, or when the iPhone 5S was unveiled, but I definitely remember them announcing it.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
Somebody posted that iOS 7 supports the ability for bundled apps to update now? Is this really true?

Apple's not going to make an official statement saying that's not a feature. They would however say if it is a feature. They haven't. There's your source.

Apple did announce that the tones would be changed earlier this year. I don't remember but if it was at WWDC when iOS 7 was announced, or when the iPhone 5S was unveiled, but I definitely remember them announcing it.

WWDC 2013, Craig Federighi stated that they could now, for the first time, update individual stock apps without a system update. I took it to be another dig at Forstall.

squeakr

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2010
Did they announce tone changes or that the original tones would be changed as the two things are not the same? I never watched the release notes so this is really a legitimate question I have and not a snide remark.

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH

Jeez, I was just curious if it was a feature or not. I wasn't saying "Source?" in a defensive way. I'm sorry if I came off that way. I was wondering if there was an example of it not being in the feature list.

WWDC 2013, Craig Federighi stated that they could now, for the first time, update individual stock apps without a system update. I took it to be another dig at Forstall.

Hmm, I will have to watch it again.

Last edited:

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009

I don't remember he said that in WWDC :confused:

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
Where did you see this information?

I forget the thread, but I've only seen one person mention it. Maybe in the Little Things thread? I'm not really sure. I haven't seen any evidence of it yet, but maybe it was one of the small features on the slide at WWDC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.