Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
For some reason my spam folder from my Gmail account is not showing. I do see a Junk folder but it seems to be a separate Junk folder that the iPhone created as a label on my Gmail account as opposed to the actual official spam folder where Gmail puts spam and filtered emails into to. Is the only way to access the spam folder by using the official Gmail app on iOS?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
www.gmail.com, click the Gear icon then "See All Settings" and then click the "Labels" tab at the top. Make sure the label you're using for spam is enabled for IMAP. Then it should show up on your iPhone.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
www.gmail.com, click the Gear icon then "See All Settings" and then click the "Labels" tab at the top. Make sure the label you're using for spam is enabled for IMAP. Then it should show up on your iPhone.
I’ve done that but the actual official spam folder from my Gmail account that I see when I’m on Gmail on my computer using a browser at Gmail.com is not showing up in the built in mail app. Inbox, sent, drafts etc all show except spam. Does this require POP to be enabled? I only have IMAP enabled in Gmail settings with auto-expunge turned on

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
So i just managed to fix the problem by following your advice, for some reason show in IMAP for the "Spam" folder was unchecked when i went over my gmail settings via a web browser on the computer. Thank you. One more question i have is this, Should Show in IMAP for "All Mail" be enabled or disabled? does having it enabled take up additional storage space on my iphone?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.