Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GlynnFaria

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Someone please help me! I bought my Mac 2 days ago, but when i open an i Sight related program (ex.: Photo Booth) instead of showing my image on it, it shows a green background and nothing else, and the camera indicator light is on. i went to the help section on the apple website and followed the instructions (the iSight hardware was found, then i reset the SMC and still got no image) please help me i don't know what's wrong.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
But am i the only person that this has happened to:confused:

Why is that important? If it is a hardware problem, then it needs a hardware fix. FWIW I don't remember anyone posting a similar problem here.

One thing you can try is to create a new User account on the machine and log in with that user. That will bypass all of the current user's preferences. If it still happens, you can do 1 of 2 things -- do a reinstallation of the OS from the included DVDs, or simply call Apple to get a replacement on the defective 2 day old machine

If you wait to call them, your options for replacement will vanish, and you will be stuck waiting for a warranty repair. So... stop posting about it and call, already ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.