Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
So since the newest OS X update my iSight "stopped" working. It works... but it's *very* dark. The room is well lit (I've taken much brighter pictures in much darker rooms) so that isn't the issue. Example pic from photo booth is attached below. It is the same in iMovie also.

Permissions have been reset, tried under a different user and a new user, reset my PRAM...

Anybody else have the same problems? I'm thinking I might just have to call Apple...

wchong

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2006
Miami, Fl
have you checked the settings of the camera itself?

is there a black tape covering your isight? :D

just give apple a call, i just hope you don't have to wait that long to be answered.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
wchong said:
have you checked the settings of the camera itself?

is there a black tape covering your isight? :D

There are settings?

I did check for black tape... :( Actually I checked to see if anything was in front of the lens (even a bug or something) and no dice.

governor

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2006
Sweden
SilentPanda said:
So since the newest OS X update my iSight "stopped" working. It works... but it's *very* dark. The room is well lit (I've taken much brighter pictures in much darker rooms) so that isn't the issue. Example pic from photo booth is attached below. It is the same in iMovie also.

Permissions have been reset, tried under a different user and a new user, reset my PRAM...

Anybody else have the same problems? I'm thinking I might just have to call Apple...

I read that some guy on a Swedish Mac-forum had experianced the exact same thing. He had only reseted the SMC on the imac, and then the iSight went back to normal again..

Give it a try!

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
governor said:
I read that some guy on a Swedish Mac-forum had experianced the exact same thing. He had only reseted the SMC on the imac, and then the iSight went back to normal again..

Give it a try!

Ya fixed it! Yay! Now I can take pictures of myself for no good reason again! :)

Mammoth

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Canada
SilentPanda said:
Ya fixed it! Yay! Now I can take pictures of myself for no good reason again! :)
That kind of reminds me that my friend has at least 400 photos taken in Photo Booth. I have.. 8.

wchong

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2006
Miami, Fl
Mammoth said:
That kind of reminds me that my friend has at least 400 photos taken in Photo Booth. I have.. 8.

unless you're going to share the pics i don't see why take so many of urself. just look at the mirror :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.