Built In Isight not working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AnthonyJames7, Jul 31, 2011.

1. AnthonyJames7 macrumors newbie

Just received my Macbook Pro and tried to run Skype and it says no camera is installed...did the same thing with any other apps(Ichat,Photobooth) Green light was on and still nothing, turned computer off last night and booted up this morning and now light is off and still nothing.. is there anything thats maybe off or disabled with it being a brand new computer?? I'm stationed in korea and can't take it to an apple store so any info on if its a computer issue and or what i can do to fix this would be great

2. aepple macrumors member

I had the same thing happen on my MBA, had to bring it to Apple and if remember correctly, the display Module had to be replace. Apple techs did all the table top Troubleshooting like, reboot and repair disk and some other scanning with no results.

when did you purchase your Pro

3. AnthonyJames7 thread starter macrumors newbie

I ordered it back in June and it just got over here yesterday. Im in korea until November so i was hoping it was something simple. Unfortunately apple has yet to make it to South Korea

4. aepple macrumors member

I was gonna say, maybe they'll (apple store) switch it for a new one depending on the problem/repair.

[​IMG]