Built in trackpad issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blueknight1st, Oct 6, 2011.

1. blueknight1st macrumors newbie

First off I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong section or if this is kind of hard to understand.

I am using a MacBook Pro and the most up to date version of OSX Lion. My built in trackpad was configured to mimic the left and right click (buttons) of a mouse when I had Snow Leopard. I updated to Lion and can no longer find where I am supposed to go to reconfigure these buttons.

To be clear I'm not asking about the magic trackpad. I don't have or want a mouse, and I'm not asking how to change the double click speed.

Can someone please help me? I'm about to tear my hair out and I don't have much left to begin with.

2. blueknight1st thread starter macrumors newbie

3. lee.anderson macrumors regular

lee.anderson

Click the apple logo in the top left corner of your screen, and select System Preferences.

Once it opens up, select the trackpad icon. Make sure Point & Click are selected at the top if it isn't already.

You should see the option Secondary click, just under that there is a little arrow. Click it and you should be able to select how you want your trackpad to behave.

4. derickdub macrumors 6502

Go into System Preferences (click the :apple: in the menu bar) and go into "trackpad". In there you will see the various gestures and can assign their functions.

However, if you assign secondary (right) click to the actual button part of the trackpad, you'll lose the ability to do two finger tap/click. IIRC you could do both in SL.

5. blueknight1st thread starter macrumors newbie

So Apple removed all of the simulated mouse button options we used to have in Snow Leopard in favor of all of these gestures that I don't even care about?

I was hoping I could add a middle button. Does anyone know of an add on that will give me those options back? The only thing I have found was for the magic trackpad.