Built To Order Shipments

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by comedyboy19, Oct 16, 2008.

1. comedyboy19 macrumors newbie

Hey,

i ordered my mbp custimized with 320gb 7200rpm HD and 4gb RAM on tuesday night and it still hasnt shipped. I assume the built to order machines will take longer. Has anyones BTO shipped yet?

Danny

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Do yourself a favor. Cancel the BTO and order a standard config. You'll get it much faster. You could even pick one up locally if you have an Apple Store near you. You can get 4GB (2x2GB) from Crucial for $145 or so shipped. A 320 7200 RPM HD is $92 shipped from Tiger Direct. That's what I did. Bonus is you get to keep the HD as a back up or extra drive. Just put it in an external case. You could sell the RAM, but I'd keep it for a year in case you have a warranty issue. You'll want to put the original RAM back if you have to ship it back to Apple.

3. bitesize macrumors member

He can't, if he's getting the 2.8GHz version.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Obviously he's not getting the 2.8 chip if he upgraded to 4GB RAM. 4GB RAM is standard w/ the 2.8 model.

5. fxstb2002 macrumors member

I ordered on Wednesday in the AM. Got email saying mine was shipped today. Tracking says it has left Shanghai, and is scheduled to arrive on Monday.

I ordered the 2.8 with 250 7200.

6. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

I ordered on Tuesday...

I placed my custom order on Tuesday, 14th around 2:00PM Pacific Time. It shipped the 15th from Shanghai... then today it cleared customs and arrived in Anchorage AK. Supposed to make it to my doorstep Monday at 10:30 AM.