All iPads BUKcase vs DODOcase (buying in the UK)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by g33, Oct 27, 2013.

1. g33 macrumors 6502

I have been looking for a discreet iPad smart case for when I can get my hands on the iPad Air. At the moment I have found two decent enough ones. The DODO which I can only get shipped from the USA (i will probably get a custom one) and perhaps will cost a fair bit more and take longer to arrive than the BUK that is UK made but is more simplistic in design.

Currently I am leaning towards the DODO case purely because they have been making these cases longer than BUK and perhaps better quality by experience (?); for example the corner pieces appear more sturdy. They also have a greater level of personalisation. However, I haven't seen either in real life.

The Twelve South BookBook case looks a bit bulkier and I am not particularly keen on the look, so I have ruled that option out. Are there any other high quality iPad cases out there that I have not mentioned?

Can any owners share their experiences of either?

Thanks

American made

http://www.dodocase.com/collections/ipad-cases

British made

http://bukcase.co.uk/collections/ipad-2-3-and-4

2. leenak macrumors 68020

I bought a DodoCase for my iPad 2 and the wood cracked within a couple months of using it. I know a few other people with a DodoCase that had the same problem. I ended up going with a company that made a different (non wood) case which has worked great but they no longer sell iPad cases sadly. So I know it has been a couple years but I personally wouldn't by a Dodo case.

3. casepert macrumors newbie

I have a look on those 2 cases and do not think one of them is good enough, as above said the wood part of dodocase can be crashed after using, and you can see a big magnet mark on bukcase from your link...
    A great case should not appear any obvious magnet mark...whatever the magnets is for closure or smart sleeping function.

4. g33 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your comments.

I guess I will end up getting the apple one then :(

5. eg2007 macrumors 6502

portenzo.com for the win.

Been using a hardback on my iPad mini for almost a year now. I've had a Dodocase and a Buk. Portenzo's build quality is the best IMO.

6. DODOcraig macrumors newbie

The New DODOcase bamboo tray

Hey guys, Craig from DODOcase here. Just to update some information. Our new tray introduced a while back is the strongest wood tray on the market.

http://www.dodocase.com/pages/new-tray

We tested all the usual cast of characters. Make sure whomever you chose is using a high quality wood. A lot that I've seen are using inferior wood to our bamboo.

Good luck in choosing your case!

Craig

7. zuzox macrumors newbie

Has anyone else purchased anything from bukcase recently?

I placed an order on the 22nd of December, they have kindly taken the money and not shipped anything. I have also contacted them via email no response.. started a paypal dispute hope it gets resolved..

I wish I'd gone with a dodocase now, their customer service is so much better.