Bulk GarageBand Project Converter?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Michael73, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Michael73 macrumors 65816

Over the course of 18 months I used GarageBand to record between 100 and 200 meetings for a project I did with a client. With the project over I have 140GB of files eating up precious space on my HDD. I want to convert all these GarageBand Project files into mp3 files. I know I can do this through GarageBand on a file-by-file basis but that's going to take forever. Is there a bulk converter out there where I can just queue these all up and let the app chew away at them? :confused:

2. fixed1t macrumors newbie

Bulk converter

Hi did you manage to get a fix for this problem? Or are you doing it manually?

It should be possible to write a simple program to do this, so you can give it a folder full of songs and have it open and close them until its converted them all.

I've been doing quite and bit recently creating a couple of Mac Garageband to iPad, Iphone and iPod song converters, so I'll be happy to have a look if you'd like.

Something along the lines of my audio file data lister would do the job, check out the video, rather than displaying complex audio file data you would generate mp3 files.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNMJEcqFlUQ

Cheers fixed1t

----------

if these are single audio recording per song then you could try running my Garageband song to sample converter to extract the samples from the garageband songs.

At the moment I have a caf version and a wav version, but I should be able to knock up and mp3 version.

Check out my video, and if you'd like a trial copy to see if it extracts what you want, they I'll be happy to create a new version to do mp3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhj88ryP7Ac

In the description there is a link to the fixed1t website to request a trial version

Cheers fxied1t

3. Michael73 thread starter macrumors 65816

I managed to get all the files encoded but I went one-by-one. I did a few files each day as I had time and managed to complete the project in around a month. It was painstaking to be sure...

Thanks for your reply.