Bulk & Size vs Resolution

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raymondu999, Jan 25, 2009.

1. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Hi all. I'm currently a 15" MBP user, but I'm really contemplating going 17" now. I saw the screen on my friend's (albeit Rev. C SR) 17" MBP, Hi-Res, and it's gorgeous. I'm now thinking of going 17" for the screen resolution. Let's assume for the sake of this argument that money is not a boundary to this option. Now I am contemplating the 17" for the res, but I'm worried as I tote it everyday to Uni. What do you all think?

2. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

I would say keep your 15" as it's a great machine and buy an external monitor. A 17" is probably not the best to take to Uni. That's what I did with my 13" MacBook, and I couldn't have been happier.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Since the bulk is subjective, why don't you ask your friend if you can swap machines for a couple of hours, and both go to campus on the weekend.

4. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

I would, but the thing is, I go to Uni in a different country than where I live. Now I was back to my home country in the event of a holiday, and I met up with my friend. However I am now back in my campus. That's the problem.

5. faust macrumors regular

faust

You should purchase a monitor, especially if it's just university. No reason for a 17", you know what I mean? :D I personally use a 32" HDTV with my MBP. :)

6. tardinha macrumors member

I have one of these bags with one of these straps. The strap really does make it feel lighter. Of course, you could use this strap on any bag :)

7. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

I was tempted for 15-inch when it first came out but couldnt stand the resolution so waited out for the 17-inch even though it took a lot of patience!!

8. infernohellion macrumors 6502

Exactly the same just like me. I went for the 17". Remember that Apple 17" is not that big and heavy. The only problem I have with it is just when I use it for lecture.

Advice: Get 17" for use.. but when go to lectures, pick up an EEE PC