Bullets and Numbering in Mac Office 2004

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by e12a, Apr 23, 2007.

1. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

Does anyone else have issues with it? it seems to be extremely flaky, especially the outlined numbered format. I just dont get it, and its annoying me like crazy. Why can't it be like Windows Office!?:mad: I try to go to the next "note level" and it just cancels out my numbering...ARGH i gotta take notes in class!!!

Do open source office apps do the same thing?

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

It is very quirky. It tries to continue numbering when I want to start over. Tabbing is an adventure as well. I always have to work with it to get any numbering I want right.

3. e12a thread starter macrumors 68000

e12a

yeah, i dont know how microsoft got away with this issue...

Sometimes it refuses to tab to go down to the next note level, other times it works, and then randomly it decides to stop numbering/bulleting altogether when i press tab...then it decides to switch the numbering format like from ROman numerals to digits....I hope 2008 is nothing like this, or microsoft wont be getting my money.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Weird...any quirkiness on this front I've observed on Word 2004 is pretty much exactly the same quirkiness I got on 2000 and 2003 on Windows. And on .X for that matter....

5. JHacker macrumors 6502

JHacker

Bullets and numbering in Pages is superb and intuitive :)

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If I wanted superb and intuitive, I would've bought a Mac. Oh, wait, damn. :(

[​IMG]

7. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Can someone make a new "Owned" pic of the boy in China getting eaten by the Crocodile after he and friends were picking on it?

Yes, I'm going to hell.