Bummed Out Got Verizon Not Att

Discussion in 'iPad' started by harleymhs, Mar 16, 2011.

1. harleymhs macrumors 6502

Well after waiting on lines every morning at my local Apple store in NY 6:30 am for the 9:00 openings, Finally got one.. White 32gb Verizon. :( wanted the White 32 At&t .. So I guess Ill return it today keep trying for the rest of the week, Maybe the AT&t version will show up thrus or fri... Just wanted to VENT guys.. Thanks for the EAR.. LOL.. They only got in 12 Ipads this AM NO Wi Fi JUST VERIZON!

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Why would you buy something that you had no intention of using? :confused:

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Agreed. I'm sure there is someone who wanted that iPad that was turned away.

If you want a particular model, don't settle for others. Pretty simple.

4. sportster macrumors 6502

Kinda agree... why buy it if it's not what you wanted?

5. msduncan macrumors 6502

I agree. Ridiculous and dishonest.

6. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

One of the reasons why we are having such issues with supply. - people buying them just to use them in the interim, only to return them and get what they really wanted later..

7. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I was in the same situation. They ran out of the 64gb AT&T so I got the 64gb Verizon. I could not really care which model I got except I heard that AT&T data was faster, but since I have had my iPad1 since day 1 I have not every gone over the 250mb plan, so I am not worried too much. I mainly use on Wifi at work or home so the only time I would use the cellular was on the road. I didn't really want to pay $5 more a month for the plan, but for the $5 you get 750gb more data. I am not even thinking about it now.

8. 9OOYO macrumors regular

Sell it to somebody on here who would love to have it for the ticket cost. I'm sure they'd be glad to take it.

Where are you located?

9. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

This morning I figured I would keep the Verizon model.. Then after reading up that At&T data was faster... I have to go with my original plan to go with the AT&T model.. As far as being Ridiculous and dishonest. I dont think so, I will be going to the APPLE store on the way home from work today and return it UN OPENED and the way I got it this am and Im sure it will last about 30 seconds in the store before someone else grabs it up..

10. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Ahh buyer's remorse. That makes a bit more sense. From your original post it sounded like you were upset about there being no AT&T models so you just bought a Verizon model anyway.

You might want to do some research about the 3G speeds in your particular area though. In general AT&T is faster, but that might not be the specific case where you live.

11. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

I had wanted an ATT one but got Verizon. I don't see how there's much difference, as long as I don't take it outside of the US. I take my laptop on business trips anyway, so foreign travel isn't an issue. Seems to me that the difference between the two is a lot of sound and furry indicating nothing.

12. mattaz02 macrumors member

I wanted the 64 gb AT&T but I settled for the Verizon model this morning. I figure I can tether with my AT&T iphone if I want AT&T or use Verizon if I'm somewhere with no AT&T service. We'll see how that works for me.

13. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

The MAIN reason is that Apple lied to all of us out of greed and did a early product delivery date with almost no stock!:p

14. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

Seriously, dude? I mean, come on.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. It is too bad that so many people have a "gotta have it now!" mentality.

16. jasperk99 macrumors regular

Was waiting for AT&T

I was waiting for AT&T but perhaps being that I am from the NYC area I am better off with Verizon, what do you NYC folk think? I don't travel abroad, I have an AT&T Iphone 4 with unlimited data

17. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Why would you need someone else's help? You have an ATT device in NYC, are you happy with the data coverage and speed?

18. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

I too live in the NY area and I have AT&T Iphone, works EVERYWHERE I go, in the NY NJ and PA area.. Took a trip to South Florida last week, HAD 5 bars of cell service, 3G all over the place with Iphone and At&t and a friend had Verizon and had crappy service.. Go Figure.. Now I had a Verizon MiFI for over a year and it SUCKED in NY and Fl areas. I might as well used Dial up! The 3G on my iphone is Fast and Safari flies here in NY.. So YES I had buyers Remourse this AM and have to go with my GUT and HOPE I can get an At&t Ipad Thrus fri or Sat AM.. For 729.00 I dont want to really think twice and I dont want to open it ! I rather return it NEW IN BOX and have someone else have a chance to get it TODAY!

19. Davichi macrumors 6502

So, you bought a product that you do not want and you could not wait?

You decided to buy verizon iPad and will return it while there are so many people out there who could have purchased your iPad instead.

I got the story, ok.

I hope you drop your iPad on the concrete floor. I personally hope you never find AT&T ipad 32GB.

20. redman042 macrumors 68020

The iPad is a fairly major purchase and I don't know why anyone would be open to more than one size/model. For example, I know I want it in black. I want 32 GB of memory - 16 is too little and I'm not paying the premium for 64. And I know I want AT&T. I'm not going to succumb to the temptation to just grab what's there - this isn't a scarf, it's an iPad.

I realize the OP had some reasons and I'm more speaking in general to many of the comments I'm seeing.

I'm willing to wait for the one I want.

21. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

When the 3G came out, I waited in line for over 2 hours & got almost to the front when they told me that they did not have any more of the model I wanted, but they had every other one in stock. What did I do? I walked away. Why get something that you didn't want in the first place? All you will do is look at it every day & regret not getting what you wanted.

And on top of that, someone in line behind you may have had their heart set on that same iPad that you never even wanted, but you deprived them of getting it that day.

22. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

I can see someone being on the fence between 16/32 or 32/64 & not caring which one they got. I can see someone not caring about white or black. I can even see someone not caring if they got AT&T or VZW.

What I can't see is someone walking up with it in their mind that they do NOT want a specific model, and still buying it for some bizarre reason.