Bump on WhiteBook screen casing?!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by DannyBres, Oct 28, 2008.

1. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

Im about to sell this computer when my GlassBook arrives (if it ever does :p) so obviously i want it to be perfect.... im getting the palm rest replaced next week as it is cracked and i have just noticed this on the screen bezel but i cant seem to work out how it happened. Has anyone seen anything like this before (my waranty runs out on 3rd Nov so might be ablt to get it sorted for free).

Attached Files:

2. molala macrumors 6502a

The refurb Macbook I got has a slight gap in the exact same area, not as big as yours but it's there. I'm thinking it might get bigger (and there are other bumps elsewhere) so I got it replaced. Maybe on your Macbook, it was always there but just got worse over time. I think Apple should fix it.

3. DannyBres thread starter macrumors 65816

DannyBres

Kool thanks Anyone else had any experience with this?

4. teksurv macrumors regular

It looks like one of the clips holding that bezel on is disconnected. Have you tried applying pressure in the area to re-seat it?

5. leahra macrumors newbie

please use caution when doing this!

one of the reasons my screen cracked on my whitebook was because of problems with the bezel and the constant pressure my thumb placed on it trying to fix it. then one day... POP! screen cracks and there's black everywhere. sigh... thankfully a glassbook replaced it within hours.

6. MacJenn macrumors regular

Maybe you should of gotten it fixed (if it was under warranty they would of fixed the bezel) rather than putting too much pressure on it which made it break. You put too much pressure on almost anything and it will break.

7. DannyBres thread starter macrumors 65816

DannyBres

Cool going the apple store today to get palm rest fixed and ill ask about this

8. DannyBres thread starter macrumors 65816

DannyBres

Genius took it off me i'm getting a new keyboard mouse and palmrest and a new screen bezel :D

9. molala macrumors 6502a

Wow, I'm glad it will all work out.