Bumper and iPhone Dock ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Krayzie116, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Krayzie116 macrumors 6502

Quick question, I know these are not out yet and nobody really knows but I was just wondering. If you have the bumper on your iPhone 4 you think you can still use the iPhone 4 dock or you do think you have to take it off.

2. withe011 macrumors regular

3. Krayzie116 thread starter macrumors 6502

sweet thanks for those pictures. now deciding if i should order now or wait just in case i don't get it on june 24th lol

4. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

I'm in the same boat with you. I ordered the Dock, and Bumper. I wish they could work together, but sadly I don't believe that will. I had an Incase slider on my 3GS, and needed to take the bottom off to use it with my dock. I think the bumper case will come off easily, so no big deal, or just slide the bottom of the bumper off to dock it.

5. maladroit macrumors member

6. Krayzie116 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just place my order over :apple: Store app just now :) (bumper and dock) can't wait now thanks for showing those pictures guys

7. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

8. Downey92 macrumors member

It looks like it works but doesn't look like it'll go right into the dock with the bumper on. As the picture shows a gap at the bottom and you can see the connector.

9. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing actually. It looks like the connector is just barely inside the phone, allowing the phone to rest there like that. You can tell by looking at the dock connector by itself that the phone would slide all the way in to the little slot just like previous ones. Those pictures with the bumper make it look like they just had it resting on top of the dock connector, not fully plugged in.

10. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

what wouldja dooooo-a-ooooo... for a klondike bar?

11. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

All 3 are Apple products and so I don't doubt that they've been designed to work together in a seamless way. The iPhone looks nice in that bumper case and sitting on top of the dock.

12. Raikun macrumors regular

Nah, bad reasoning.

Official iPad case does not work with official ipad dock or keyboard dock.

13. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

Compare the picture of the one with the bumper resting on top to the one on the Apple store website where there is no bumper. You can clearly tell that the one without the dock is inserted into the connector to the point where the home button is just poking out. The one with the bumper is resting significantly higher, which makes it seem that they just had the docks there for the phone to "rest" on.

14. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

LOL! I SO knew that someone is going to bring this one up when I was writing that. Congrats! :)

I couldn't get the iPad case initially and so I got the dock. The iPad looks ok in it, but it is actually not all that practical. The iPad case is much better and I just charge it overnight when it's next to my bed. Not sure what you mean about the keyboard though. I'm pretty certain I'll end up getting the Apple Bluetooth keyboard and using it with iPad when traveling and needing to do some more extensive text entry.

If you're right, that would totally suck. I will certainly be getting both the bumper protector and the dock. It would be silly if that combination wasn't functional - meaning the iPhone wouldn't charge. Hopefully that's not the case.

15. EvanJ macrumors newbie

Iphone 4 Bumper Issues

I brought the bumper from Apple following Apples suggestion, however I use the Iphone for a great deal of music and so far I can not use my third party headphones nor my headphone amplifier with the bumper on the phone. Even more frustrating is that I cant use the dock on my home unit without taking off the bumper. For reference I use FiiO E1 amp with Westone UM3x headphones (amazing combo for serious music listening). I hope Apple sort this Ive been an Apple user since the 1980's when they had green screens!

16. raj9103 macrumors newbie

I bought the bumper and dock day one and for me the phone with the bumper DID NOT fit in the dock. You have to take the phone out of the bumper for it to fit in the dock. Also, I dont know if anyone else has seen the other thread, but also from my personal experience you can use the original iPhone dock which came with that generation of iPhones, and it fits just fine.