Bumper and/or BodyGuardz?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by troop231, Jun 14, 2010.

1. troop231 macrumors 603

What are you guys going with for protection? I'm thinking just a bumper will work great, and also won't cover up the iPhone's nice design too much. Maybe a BodyGuardz paired with the Apple Bumper would be better, thoughts? :cool:

2. nateharr macrumors 6502

I'm thinking white iPhone, black or green Bumper, and an invisible shield for the front and back.

3. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

i was thinking white iphone, black bump, and IS front and back!

4. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

5. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

It would be cool if they made a yellow "livestrong" bumper. It would look great on the black iPhone.

6. DaftDrunk macrumors regular

Through the desert on a horse with no name
  7. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

I'm angry that Apple is charging 30 bucks just for the Bumper. I have paid that much or less for a shield that covered the entire phone, not just the edges.

8. mistertomlinson macrumors 6502

I don't understand why I see so many people plugging Invisible Shield but not one person has mentioned BestSkinsEver which is the SAME material and about 1/3 of the price. I think you can get a full body/3 piece skin for $8.

9. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Bumper and bodyguardz or wrapsol. Just not sure which yet. Any opinions?

10. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

i've used IS for 2yrs with very good results so... I guess i just trust them.

11. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

You can't even order an iPhone 4 skin from them at the moment :confused: Not even a pre-order. I've heard good stuff about BodyGuardz too.

12. creeman macrumors 6502

Power Support films are the best around, hands down. I dont see why more people dont support them!

13. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

Bumper, ZAGGskin and power support....that is a lot of money for accessories lol

14. swoop007 macrumors newbie

I have also been using the invisible shield for 2 years and never once had a problem. All my friends that tried it had the edges peal off b/c they were impatient and did not let it set. They eventually went back to the IS but asked me to put it on for them.

The only issue I ever had was on my white 3gs I replaced the back of the IS b/c it got a yellow discoloration to it. But my iPhones have always stayed in perfect condition. Getting replacements from them is also a breeze. I just never had a bad experience with them. So I guess I trust them more also.

But like everything, it is about personal experience. Gotta go with what ya like.

15. Bakakage macrumors 6502

I used an incase slider for my iphone and really liked how the phone felt in my hand with it. I wanna go naked with the iphone 4 because how sexy the thing looks, but I might have get a bumper or maybe another incase depending how it looks to get the same feel. Another is that I feel more safe having a incase, when I had my 3gs naked I was very careful with it. I hope the new iphone gives me a good impression in its naked form.

16. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I know you like the BodyGuardz. Order the bumper case through Apple, get the BodyGuardz. Exercise your return policy at Apple or give it away to someone else. Morally dubious, but legal.

17. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

Can't support them if they don't have an iPhone 4 product out!

They certainly make a great film but they are seriously losing out on some business by not having a film by launch date.

Wrapsol for me! The matte back finish is just stunning and will be shipped on launch date.

18. Espo macrumors 6502

I've used bodyguardz on my 3G and i LOVED it. it did not have an orange tint ant was very durable. It was a bit hard to fit perfectly on the back of the phone, which is why the edges tended to lift a bit but that wont be an issue with iP4.

I was thinking of ordering bodyguardz but after reading that ip4 is made of aluminosilicate glass on the front and back, and then watching engadget take a pen to the screen with no damage, I'm waiting on the films.

I likely will get a white bumper to go w/ my white iPhone... I wonder if other companies will be able to make bumpers similar to that of Apples.

19. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

yeah, and you could also put a sticker on the back of your phone that would say something like "up with green, down with global warming"

20. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

21. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

White iPhone, Bumper (Blue, Green, or Orange), and BodyGuardz