Bumper + Belt Clip Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by eldervovichka, Jun 23, 2010.

1. eldervovichka macrumors regular

Hey All,

I am looking for a case to clip to my belt that would also fit the Apple Bumper. I want to have the protection while walking around, but then just have the Bumper when I get to work or I am at home. I was looking at the Sena Cases, but I am not sure it would work. If you have any ideas please post them, and links would be helpful as well!

Thank you for your opinions and have a great day!!!

2. w4rmk macrumors regular

w4rmk

It's likely the bumper would make it difficult to remove and insert the iPhone into a belt case. I have found that same issue with my 3GS and any cover that is made of any anti-slip material.

3. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

Bumper + Belt Clip Case = Dorkapalooza!!!

Just kidding ;)

4. eldervovichka thread starter macrumors regular

It would not be the first time someone has called me that:D! I am just looking for something more then having my phone in my pocket. I like it on my belt and I have had a Vaja case for my 3G and have loved it. I might go that route, but the phone is so amazing looking I don't want to cover it up! So far it is an awesome phone. I am loving it!!!

Jeff

5. firewood macrumors 604

Given that something like a bumper might be needed to keep from shorting out the iPhone 4 antenna when holding it, I'm looking for something like this as well: a horizontal belt clip case with room for a bumper, and some way to get the phone out of the case since the bumper won't slide as easily as glass or metal.

6. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

Looking for the same thing here. I bet the bumper won't make it too hard to pull out of a holster, but it's just hard to tell. I got a cheap silicone case for my iP4, and it fits in my holster while on - however it feels like the case is super glued in there when trying to take it out. I gave up on that case and just going to carry the phone naked in the holster.

Thinking of getting one of these:
    http://www.hedocell.com/Default.asp?prodid=33590251

7. bluefire333 macrumors newbie

I purchased that case through Amazon, an unfortunately it's useless with the Apple bumper. It's way to hard to get in and out of the case.

I'm thinking of giving this one a try (since it comes bundled with a bumper):
    http://www.igearusa.com/ipbubeclfora.html

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Had the belt clip for my first two iPhones, but they kept getting snagged on EVERYTHING. I had the Belkin Acrylic Clip/Stand and it was an amazing case, but that "Dorkapalooza EFFECT" was tough to live down; and YES, I had a pocket protector in grade school! (NOT REALLY!) :eek::p

9. Jackson743 macrumors member

Belt Case

I'm having trouble finding a case also.

I did find a really good one for work. It's a Grantwood Technology horizontal holster. Black leather (good quality) with white stitching. Two magnetic clips and they don't appear to have any effect on the phone. The fit is snug with the bumper, but I like it. The clip is well made. And, there is no obnoxious metal logo.

http://www.amazon.com/QuickFlipCase-Grantwood-Technologys-Premium-Horizontal/dp/B001EXXFEK

To minimize the dorkapolooza, I need a casual one. I'd just keep it in my pocket, but it gets lint on the screen, which I hate, and I'm afraid I'm going to stick my keys or coins in my pocket and scratch it. I want either a brown leather suede or something really casual. This looks OK, but it's black.

http://www.case-mate.com/iPhone-4-Cases/Case-Mate-iPhone-4-Horizontal-Hipster.asp

This one looks exactly what I want, but I don't trust the website, it's not on the manufacturer's website and it appears to be not available or backordered.

http://www.phone-cases.net/vintage-brown-leather-apple-iphone-4-case-682.html

If anyone has a recommendation.

10. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Wow, I really like the Grantwood Technology QuickFlipCase. It doesn't look too thick or bulky like some holsters, ie Seidio Premium horizontal leather case. I am looking for a horizontal leather holster that uses magnetic enclosures. I currently use the DLO HipCase. Great form factor, but the Velcro enclosure is so cheesy. I read that magnetic cases/holsters are not recommended by Apple for use with the iPhone.

Another one to consider is the Piel Frama horizontal pouch. Looks kind of bulky though.

http://cases.com/pfai3gh1.htm

11. Sportcat macrumors member

Please post a review when you receive this. Personally, I'd carry it with the screen facing inward.

12. hzeat macrumors member

here is one that i used for my 3GS and now also works with my iP4 and bumper,

http://www.iskin.com/store/i2shop_solo.tpl

the revoClip. quite the snug fit. works for me while at the gym. i've also cut out one part so that i can take it in and out while my headphones are connected.

13. FieldingMellish Suspended

Maxpedition makes a rugged style vertical clip-on belt case that fits iPhone4 plus Bumper. In fact, there is a user who posted on their site that an Otterbox Defender also fits. The pouch stretches. The 5" version is the one that fits iPhone4 nicely.

14. og3og macrumors member

og3og

I have 2 options that both work. 1 is my old Blackberry Bold (Original one) belt clip that came with the phone. 2 is an Eddie Bauer pouch that I picked up from Best Buy, it's a universal case that comes in horizontal and vertical styles.

15. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I would love to hear more feedback on the Grantwood Technology QuickFlipCase. That case could be right up my alley.

16. Jackson743 macrumors member

17. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Lots of good reviews. How is the case in terms of form factor and thickness? I am currently using this DLO HipCase. Nice leather, stylish case with contrast stitching. Thin with a nice form factor (corners cut-out), yet protective enough. The case is not bulky and does not stick out for from the belt. I hate the velcro enclosure though.

http://www.amazon.com/DLO-Leather-H..._1_2?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1281088789&sr=1-2

18. countzero2k10 macrumors member

countzero2k10

This is what I did a while back.

HTC Incredible Holster w/ iPhone 4 & Bumper

Looks good and was pretty cheap too. The do definitely loosen up over the course of a week or two. Mine is perfect now.

Verizon part number is: VZW6300HOC

19. Jackson743 macrumors member

It's a holster with a clip, and the top overlaps. It's thick, but no thicker than any other holster I'd image. It's well made, the reviews state CS is excellent, and it's not that expensive. Buy it.

20. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Pulled the trigger. Should have it early next week. I will report back. Hopefully it's not too thick for my liking. I prefer slim cases.

21. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I received my Grantwood Technology QuickFlipCase in the mail today. Well made case and nice looking, but my iPhone 4 swims in the case. There is too much room and it jiggles around a lot in the case. Kind of annoying and it will stretch out with age. I guess the case was not redesigned for the thinner iPhone 4. Not sure if I am going to keep it or return it.

22. revirus macrumors member

revirus

If your phone is in a bumper or case, it may fit perfect. Otherwise, it's gonna be too big.

23. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Nope, no bumper or case, strictly naked. The holster is definitely too big. I am kind disappointed. Still looking for that perfect horizontal leather holster with magnetic enclosure that has a nice form factor.

24. drkrueger macrumors newbie