Bumper blues....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eric5964, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Eric5964 macrumors regular

Eric5964

I was lucky enough to get a black bumper when I picked up my Iphone 4. I am shocked that they would put something out that you cannot use other chargers on. I have 2 nice Griffin car chargers and some other Apple AC chargers, how could they not make the opening large enough on the bottom of the bumper for ALL chargers? Frustrating....

EricE

2. red16alpha macrumors newbie

Same issue here. None of my Griffin or AT&T chargers will fit in the bumper opening. I also have an expensive pair of earbuds w/mic that will not fit in the headphone receptacle.

3. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Notice the only ones that fit are the Apple pin connectors? Why would they want you to spend your money elsewhere?

I had the same problem but also have a car charger with USB port so that I can use a spare Apple USB cable in the car.

I bought a black bumper as well, actually think it's well made and looks nice but I like to plug my phone either into a Sony clock/radio or dock and it won't fit in either with a bumper. I don't want to wear out the shape of the bumper by constantly taking in on/off so I'll periodically use it but think I'm generally going to carry it in an old Belkin Slim-fit leather sleeve (originally for the 3G) and use it naked. And really, it's a shame to cover up such a good looking device.