Bumper Breaks at Dock connector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by fabian9, Feb 18, 2011.

1. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

Has anybody else found that the bumpers break after a couple of months close to the dock connector? The rubber parts on the front and back seem to be ripping on the inside, that crack then slowly but surely works its way to the outside of the case so that the rubber is completely torn.

Mine has started doing this, 2 of my friends with iPhone 4s have also experienced this. Theirs is already unusable.

What are your thoughts on getting the bumper replaced? I mean we got them for free, but it's not like there was no reason for giving them out for free… Thoughts?

2. thevarman10 macrumors newbie

My bumper has been in use for a week now, and I've been loving it. The apple store I went to the other day replaced my iPhone 4 bundled headset because the mic wasn't working operating on the honor system :D
    They get quite busy, and if you get lucky, they might exchange it. It's obviously been less than a year, so it just might work.

but then again... it isn't a bundled accessory.
    btw: they did not do any check on my phone's serial number or anything like that. I just showed him my headset, and BAM! new one out the door.

3. SanFranKyle macrumors regular

4. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

cant say i've had a problem. i have two genuine apple bumpers, both received during their free bumper give-away and both have no cosmetic or functional issues. other than light marring on the glossy plastic areas due to scratches, they're like new and perform flawlessly.