Bumper case delivery question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tehe chalkman, Sep 1, 2010.

1. tehe chalkman macrumors newbie

tehe chalkman

For all you iphone users, how long did it take for your free bumper case to arrive? My phone is butt naked and im freaking out whenever people oggle it. The iphone bumper app said it would take 1-3 weeks for the case that I want to ship out.

Has anyone waited for an absurdly long time? :( Is anyone still waiting?

Would you say apple handled the whole antennagate issue correctly?

2. draz macrumors 6502a

Usually Apple overstates their initial estimate. But since it says 1-3 weeks then I would guess it would be 1-3 weeks =)

Don't expect it to come tomorrow or the next day... At least a week, but less than 3 weeks

3. xwoodbutch macrumors newbie

Two weeks and two days. Don't like it at all. It fits to loosely and I just don't really like the look. I have a Vaja iVolution ordered and will be here in 4 weeks. A whole bunch better case. IMO

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

My husband ordered the black bumper a week and a half ago. It arrived on Monday. Some of them are apparently shipping quickly...

5. tehe chalkman thread starter macrumors newbie

tehe chalkman

Well its good to hear that it doesnt take extremely long, but now im faced with a dilemma. Should I get the bumper or one of the other cases apple can provide? I mean the bumper is made by apple but there have been complaints of scuffing. In addition it doesnt cover the back which is the biggest downside for me.

Has anyone gotten any of the other cases?

6. ridingforlife macrumors member

I haven't gotten mine yet, but I ordered the Griffen black perforated silicone case on Aug.26th, and the initial shipment date was Sept.17th with arrival of Sept.24th. Well, tonight I got a confirmation email that it has been shipped. So I should hopefully receive it by the end of next week!

I'll let you know what I think of it. It looked nice from the photos, and I figure if I don't like it that much it's not a big deal... it was free after all. And like you, I wanted something that covered the back, which is why I didn't go for the Apple Bumper.

7. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

I was told a month but it got it in just over a week.

8. brdwygurl macrumors regular

I ordered the Speck 2 days after the case program started. I was given a ship date of October 20th (3 month wait). Haven't gotten it yet, and my account still says ships Oct. 20 :(

9. tehe chalkman thread starter macrumors newbie

tehe chalkman

Wow that sucks balls man.
    Raise hell with apple. But if youre too nice then just hope REALLY REALLY hard they were pulling a prank on you and they are actually going to deliver it to your house tomorrow.

10. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

I ordered the belkin shield micra on 23rd July, was supposed to have been delivered by 31st Aug but haven't even had shipping notification yet let alone the actual item

11. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I have an extra bumper. PM me if you are hurting for it. Pay shipping and i'll send it to you.

12. detroit1 macrumors regular

mine was scheduled to ship sept 8th and arrive the 16th and i got shipping notification tuesaday. :D its the snap case clear

13. ajax43 macrumors regular

I got mine on Tuesday (Aug 31). I ordered it on the Aug 22nd.

14. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Sadly, but as no surprise, Apple really screwed up.

They blew a golden opportunity to act like a premier company that cares about it's customers.

Instead, once again they demonstrated their know it all attitude. They revealed their incessant need to act superior, infallible and extremely arrogant.

Not only did they _not_ handle the antenna situation correctly, but Steve Jobs himself, single handedly _Turned It Into Antennagate_ !

A move typical of an idiot, not a CEO.

A colossal screw up that was the best gift, Apple could possibly give the competition. It drove many users to the Android platform.

Going forward those who hesitated, still win because they've saved themselves some money as they wait to see the rapidly approaching plethora of new phones that are released for the most important time of year in the cellular industry, the holiday selling season.

15. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

This is what I use. It's by incase and I love it more than when I was using a bumper.

16. billycuth macrumors 6502a

I initially ordered the Griffin Reveal Etch on August 11th. Then on August 23rd, I called and switched it to the bumper. It shipped in a couple of days after that and I got it yesterday. I ordered the lucky labs carbon fiber back and it looks awesome. I am VERY happy with the black bumper.