Bumper + Cleaning Screen = Ugggg

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iammike1, Aug 1, 2010.

1. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

I'm sure plenty of others run into this...do you just put up with it?

I find myself cleaning the front and back of my iPhone a lot because it's the ultimate fingerprint magnet...but if I have the bumper on, not only does it make it harder to get the whole visible screen clean, I just end up with dust and particles around the trim....just waiting to get inside and start to scratching.

Rather then take the bumper off constantly to clean, anyone have any tips or ideas I'm just not thinking of?

2. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Yea it's pretty hard to clean the whole surface. My bumper ended up messing up my back skin so i took it off and just going with screen protector.

3. mallom macrumors regular

You can always buy a new back glass for around $20 and change it yourself if it gets too scratched.

4. nin7474 macrumors 6502

link???:confused:

5. helloimD4NNY macrumors regular

6. eddie714 macrumors newbie

i gave up on the bumper. it ruined my privacy screen. its a lot harder to keep clean. So took it off and i am not using it. anyone in the OC want a free bumper let me know

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

This is true for any case. The best way to keep the screen as clean as possible is to wear it naked in the pants pocket. The screen gets wiped clean each time you put in and take out.

8. suade8880 macrumors member

I will never put a case over any phone. Grime, dirt and dust gets underneath will start screwing everything up is a soul reason why I don't like them. The steel band around the iPhone is more scratch resistant than the glass so leaving it naked is fine with me. I find myslef really happy just covering both of glass with the Powersupport protectors I just got. Of course, just can't drop my phone:D.

9. carsteve macrumors newbie

I've had all 4 iPhones and I've never had a single scratch on any of their screens at any time. Never understood the need for screen protectors. How do you guys scratch these things?

10. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

This is EXACTLY why I took mine off. The bumper feels great but it's a lint/dust catcher.

11. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

+1 naked FTW on all Generations and no scratches.