Bumper compatible car charger?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Stangmeister, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Stangmeister macrumors newbie

Hey there,

Just got a bumper for my new Iphone 4 and it seems our car charger doesn't fit. It's too thick and the bumper prevents it from getting a connection to the phone.

Any tips on a bumper compatible car charger? Thanks!

2. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

Same problem

I have the typical AT&T iPhone car charger, plus it has the extra USB plug for my jawbone. I have to take the bumper off every time I charge my iPhone. It's annoying and a major flaw, I am looking for tips to make them work, maybe cutting the bottom of the bumber, not sure. Plus it wont fit in the iPhone 4 dock with the bumber, another bad bumper feature. One would think apple would have tested this.
    Plus A's we all know the power cord for the iPhone is not durable, so with my previous iPhone and my current iPad i use my old iPod chargers and 3rd party ones. I just wish the bumper could have been used for all the new iPhone accessories.
    Could another dock be able to fit the bumber? The 3GS or iTouch? Any help would be great, still have time on my returns.

3. ihonda macrumors 68000

[​IMG]

got this for 79cents from meritline, works perfect :p

4. SDNikki macrumors member

5. Zandian macrumors regular

I sanded my car charger plug down with a Dremel. Works fine now.

Z

6. ocva macrumors newbie

ocva

My bumper works with the Griffin PowerBlock (AC charger) and the Incase Dual Charger. Ironically, it does not work with an older Apple USB cord (the one with the side release buttons).