Bumper did not help signal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rick98761, Jun 30, 2010.

1. rick98761 macrumors 6502

So I went and picked up a bumper. Mostly to keep the back glass raised a bit and to protect the phone, but also because it apparently helps the reception issues.

It did not help the reception in the slightest bit. I can still drop the phone to one bar by holding it normal in my left hand.

I thought mr. Jobs said it would fix it.

2. army91c macrumors 6502a

Ok, there is already threads titled just like yours. How about some of you learn to use the freakin search function.

3. Shorties macrumors 6502a

4. rick98761 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have had every generation of iPhone. The 4 gets a better signal in most areas, until I apply the grip, which makes it lower then my 3GS, with or without bumper. I haven't had any dropped calls yet, but data speeds do severly suffer with the low bars.

5. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Weird. The bumper hasn't made my reception perfect, but now I pretty much never have below 2 bars, where applying the "grip" used to always drop me to searching. The bumpers have been a lifesaver for me.

6. rick98761 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I should consider myself lucky. I have never got to searching, just one bar. The only reason I really care is my data speeds suffer. Half the time my wifes 3GS blows away my 4 loading pages over 3G.