Bumper doesn't work for me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wongster41, Jun 27, 2010.

1. wongster41 macrumors regular

even with the bumper, I'm dropping signal when holding it 'the wrong way'. I've already made a trip to the Apple store and this is my 2nd iPhone. Even though my calls aren't dropping, the reception issue is killing the battery life as the phone tries to get a better signal when the bars start to drop.

I'm returning everything and going back to my iPhone 3g if theres no official response/fix from Apple by tomorrow.

2. aneftp macrumors 601

Go to AT&T and buy a $150 microcell. See if that doves your RF problems. You got 30 days to return a microcell from AT&T.

3. troy14 macrumors 6502a

That makes no sense.

The only reason why holding it with your left hand in that position affects the signal that drastically is because it is bridging the connection between the two antenni.

Fishing for problems here?

4. RC83 macrumors 6502

5. djrm macrumors 6502

djrm

Have you not seen videos like this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFWVih5e_J0

6. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Your battery is not draining from this. Crazy.

7. matj101 macrumors newbie

My mates got a bumper and a full case and neither stop the problem. Very odd!

8. RC83 macrumors 6502

software fix

9. fckdroid macrumors newbie

Gripping the phone with your left is perfectly normal. not eveyone uses both hands or just the right.

See you hold the iphone with the left hand and use the left thumb to type/tap/scroll. Your thumb covers a far wider range of the screen if you grip the lower half of the phone with the rest of your hand. now because of this problem, the damn pages won't load unless you make sure your palm is not touching the left edge. (and you have to grip even harder if you're lying on your back because the phone will drop on your face.)

10. kbade macrumors newbie

While your comment seems like it could be true, it is just wrong. Bridging-the-gap over the black strip does not *exclusively* cause the problem.

Why make statements as absolute truth when you have no basis for knowing? :rolleyes: