Bumper drop protection?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mbob, Jun 28, 2010.

1. mbob macrumors member

I can't find any videos so anyone with a bumper drop their phone yet? I am curious to the protection it offers.

2. djmatt macrumors member

None.. dropped my iphone with a bumper on last night there is now a little crack on the back.. I am really pissed off.

I want to go into apple today and complain.

3. msduncan macrumors 6502

My theory (and it's only a theory) is that most of the broken iphones I've seen so far seem to have cracked from the corners. I'm hoping the bumpers provide just a little bit of impact correction for the corners of the glass, and therefore mitigate the risks of braking the phone under normal drop circumstances.

4. bluer101 macrumors regular

I was in the apple store this morn and some guy was getting his fixed for free. The apple person said because its only been like 3 days since he got it. He was told only this one time. Yes, his came from the corner too. Said it dropped from 1 ft which I don't believe the 1 ft.

5. mbob thread starter macrumors member

I never had a problem with my 3g or 3gs but I had slider cases on them. I dropped my 3gs twice where I know it would have shattered if not for the case. Once it even knocked the sim out and I had to reseat it. But the bumper seems too skimpy and the new phone seems extra fragile.