Bumper Idea

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vp719, Jun 11, 2010.

1. vp719 macrumors regular

I've been thinking about what sort of case I'll pick up for i4 in a couple weeks and there seems to be a lot of talk about the bumpers here. They seem like a simple idea, though overpriced. While I was thinking I noticed my LIVESTRONG wristband that everyone in my family has been wearing for years since my uncle got diagnosed w/ cancer.

I think it would be awesome if Apple came out with a LIVESTRONG bumper. It'd look great on the black phone, and since Apple already has a relationship w/ Nike as does LIVESTRONG I don't think its out of the question. It could just look exactly like the wristbands, with "LIVESTRONG" imprinted on one side.

So what do you guys think? Good idea? I was thinking about emailing Apple and suggesting it. It would look great plus raise money for a great cause.

2. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Or a Product RED

3. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

That's actually an excellent idea. All the different charities could eventually get on board...that'd be awesome! I'd definitely buy them!

4. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I hated the bumpers until this post. I would buy a Yellow LIVESTRONG bumper with a black iPhone 4 in a heart beat! :D Great idea!

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

That is a great idea! I want a red bumper somehow. Red+black will be awesome.

6. ZGXtreme macrumors regular

ZGXtreme

One of the best post (ideas) I have ever read on this site. I have worn a LiveStrong band since June of 2003. If the LiveStrong Foundation worked in conjuction with Apple (through Nike) and produced this as a fund raiser, I would certainly take part as would many I know.

7. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

8. vp719 thread starter macrumors regular

Send it to whoever you'd like haha I just want to get a Livestrong bumper, I don't care how it happens ha. I may email him too, increase the chance he notices.

9. tek210 macrumors regular

tek210

I agree this is a great idea, I would definitely get something along this line.

10. kirwansj macrumors newbie

Hell Yes!

This is a phenomenal idea. I went to the LiveStrong.org website and emailed a rep about this. Hopefully if we can get a bunch of people to do this, they will make it happen!

11. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

This is what I want! Red bumper to go with black iPhone.

12. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Me too. So far vie emailed Steve Jobs product red and live strong. Havenot received any replies yet.

13. thornguy macrumors regular

I think you're on to something that will become big.
    I see these for Livestrong, Stillerstrong, pink for Susan G Komen, etc.

14. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

I was thinking I didnt like any of the colors with black but yellow would be cool on its own. A livestrong yellow bumper!? double win. I would buy it!

15. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Yellow livestrong iPhone bumper case

This idea came up in the accessories discussion. Those bumber covers kinda look like those rubber bracelets anyway.

Anyone work for Apple or Nike and in a position to make a suggestion?
    Anyone able to make a photoshop of what it would look like?

The replys were pretty positive on it. I would buy one!

16. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Didn't he recently get busted for drugs or something? That is not exactly right guiding people to "live strong".

17. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

He didn't get busted but was accused...again by a Floyd Landis, another cyclist.

Anywho...that is a pretty good idea for a case though. I'm not a big Livestrong person but that could be a cool bumper for an iPhone.

18. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

So you made a second thread on it? This still belongs in accessories forum.

19. tikitommy macrumors regular

I would never support anything that steroid freak endorsed. People knew he was a cheat then, and Landis and others have only confirmed it.

20. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Then don't read it if you're not interested.

Their is so many people on line right now that threads are only on the front page for 15-20 minutes before being pushed to the second page so if no one is interested it will go away.

Its not like this isn't one of several posts about the bumpers or screen protectors, it’s a current subject. Most people in the accessories part are looking for compatibility advise or reviews of current products.

21. maus macrumors regular

22. The Afroman macrumors regular

The Afroman

@Sparky - Holy Crap! HAhah the joke from day 1 was that the bumpers looks like a livestrong bracelet.. but the fact that it actually just works is just HILARIOUS!

I think my local drug store has a bag of them in all sorts of colors for like 3 bucks. Oh man.

23. VTAb182 macrumors regular

I watched this video earlier today and was just going to post it after I finished reading the thread. Looks like you beat me to it!

Anyways, bumpers for companies/organizations like this would be AWESOME. I want one of those I <3 Boobies ones :p