Bumper no good with BELKIN MICRO AUTO CHARGER

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mike83, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Mike83 macrumors newbie

Wait 10 days for the bumper in the mail, now it does not work with my belkin micro charger for my car, plug goes in but pops out unless you hold it!!

FAIL!!

2. gapdev macrumors newbie

Who's at fault, Apple or Belkin?

Apple's sync cables fit perfectly.

A couple of my aftermarket cables fit, but most don't. Who should I sue? Apple or the 3rd party?

Granted, Apple could have made the opening a bit larger but you know how they are about aesthetics.

I just grounded the charge plugs on the cables/chargers I wanted to keep and tossed the rest of them in a box. They were all crap quality anyway.

Kenny

3. Mike83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah man but should be standard is standard, its like a toilet seat , standard size is standard size here, cuba, brazil or afghan :D

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I don't understand this one bit.

This is the Belkin Micro Auto Charger:

[​IMG]

How does this have to do with the bumper at all? Any cable works with this. :confused: Therefore, it works fine with the bumper? What am I missing? :p

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I have one and it's belkin. If you sit the cable next to a standard apple cable you can see there is a fair difference between the length of the metal that inserts. Solution - use an apple cable.

6. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Is there a Belkin cable with this too? I ordered one and didn't received a cable. :eek:

Otherwise, I just assumed using the apple cable.

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Brought mine from Costco, it came with a cable, the annoying type that locks when pushed in.

8. LittleRedBird macrumors member

Can't use the Griffin PowerJolt SE w/ the bumper either. Same problem. End pops out. Also, the older Apple USB cables (the ones that you need to press on the sides to release) do not work with the bumper.

9. fastd macrumors member

The black belkin cable seems to miss by just a hair. I will take a file to mine and trim down the top/bottom about 1 mm in. I don't feel like buying all new sync cables just to work with my car and portable battery chargers.
    I just tried my apple plug with the clips, and it also does not fit. Looks like plenty of room on the sides, just the top/bottom that miss by a hair.

10. arholmes macrumors newbie

I just received this exact charger with the belkin cable in the mail yesterday and it works perfect with my Ifrogz Luxe Lean case.

11. fastd macrumors member

Took only a few minutes using my bench grinder to trim down the top and bottom of the belkin plug, about 1mm in from the edge. Seems the whole plug is very thick plastic. Works perfectly now!

12. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Got mine on ebay for $5. Hehehe. Okay... there are cheap $2 eBay cables that work and look almost exactly like the slim iPhone ones. Not exactly sure if it works with the bumper yet (might be slightly different specs) but I'm gonna double check and let you guys know. :)