Bumper Only? Any Scratches?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Fisher624, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Fisher624 macrumors regular

Anyone out there using only a bumper, with no film of any kind? If so how is the back holding up? Anyone noticing any scratching? I installed a bodyguardz, and it seems fine, but I want to go (almost) naked and only use the bumper. Anyone with experience? Thanks.

2. utcarsons macrumors regular

I have a bumper only and no scratches front or back, but I am not very hard on phones either...

3. random person macrumors 6502a

With the bumper you rohine does not make contact with the surface it is lying on. So unless you put it in your pocket with other things in it I think the bumper does a good job of helping to prevent scratches.

4. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

I have been using the bumper without screen protectors on the front or back and have no scratches.

Shortly after July 1st I will combine my bumper with the SF Bags iPhone suede jacket (sized for the iPhone 4 with bumper) for when I put it in my pocket, etc...

http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphone-cases/suedejacket-iphone.php

Looks like the perfect combo for me. :)

5. FieldingMellish Suspended

Bumper only for now, but scratches are inevitable without a skin of some sort.

6. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

I think scratches are going to show up no matter what. Sand in your pocket can scratch the class. I have a BSE in the mail, and received the bumper today. While I'm leaving the screen naked, I think it's smart to put something on the back to protect against scratches, nicks, and cracks.

7. Fisher624 thread starter macrumors regular

I hear you. I just know until I get a skin on PERFECTLY it is going to drive me nuts. I want it to look as if there is nothing there. And so far the Bodyguardz looks great, i just hope the curing process removes the little micro bubbles that are left (Its been less than 24 hours, so I could be a bit more patient).