Bumper really is solution to the problem. Confirmed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Man on the moon, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Man on the moon macrumors regular

I got a bumper today and this thing has fixed my issue with the iphone 4 reception, this case was created for this very issue. Apple has never made a case for the iPhone and people should just give the bumper a shot.
    $30 is alot but i believe the issue is fixed with this and that is saying alot.

2. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

i dont have any issues with mine, i dont hold the phone that way so i dont need a case.

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Truth

I mean, it has absolutely, positively, nothing what-so-ever to do with the exposed glass surfaces on both sides of the phone and it's inherent slipperiness or scratch-able quantities.

Nope.

4. SydneySuero macrumors member

so you're saying Apple released a defective product intentionally to gain more profit?

5. cciliberto33 macrumors regular

Apple iPhone 4, ITS A TRAP, into buying a bumper.

6. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Thanks for CONFIRMING and making it OFFICIAL ************

7. Man on the moon thread starter macrumors regular

intentionally? No

Accidentally?Very Likely

8. flynnst0ne macrumors regular

Now that it's official i'm going to go buy one in every color!!!

9. Surely Guest

Surely

Yes, it says that you need to buy an accessory to make your phone work properly.

BTW, it worked for you (which is great), but I've read quite a few comments which have said that the bumper hasn't helped at all.

If the case (which was announced at WWDC at the same time as the iP4) was created specifically for the reception issue, then one should come with the iPhone. This also implies that Apple knowingly released a defective product.

10. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

This is not confirmed unless it says CONFIRMED in all caps in the title. Sorry bud.

Xanadeath

11. randomerratum macrumors 6502

Well I just ordered my black bumper.. I really love the design of the naked phone and didn't think I'd end up having to cover up it's beautiful edges, but alas. Not only does it sound like this I'd the one true fix to the death grip (which is present but hasn't dropped any calls so far) but I'm also finding that with the 4's flat-edged, thinner design, I'm having a tough time typing on the thing since it's harder to reach keys along the outside edge of the on screen keyboard. Adding a bit to the edges ought to help that.

Dissapointing, yes. But other then this, the iPhone 4 is freaking spectacular in every other way. If a bumper does the trick, it's well worth it in my opinion (on principal, I still hope for the rumored compensation)

12. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

You forgot the part where it must also come from a random apple employee over the phone.

13. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

Oh oh and the part where the OP makes a bunch of other accounts and further confirms with himself lolz

Xanadeath

14. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

LOL

15. Man on the moon thread starter macrumors regular

All iphones have this issue, i really did not want to believe that i sold my 3GS and got a iPhone 4 with issues after paying $350 and waiting all that time.
    The issue is a "REAL" one and Apple would be foolish to admit this, I am just trying to let people know that when they find the bumper (Sold out everywhere)
    they can look forward to this issue being fixed.

Should we have to pay $30?No
    but you dont have to buy anything and can pretend the iphone does not have this issue or hold your iphone in some strange way that is deemed "the right way of holding a phone". I like my iphone and would not have bought this had i known before there was this problem. Too late now

i dont think i need more than one account to talk with other people on here about apple products. Ha Ha

16. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

My reception is still crappy even with a case or bumper in places where I would otherwise have full bars.

17. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Kinda got tired of the Bumper, going naked for a while.

18. wongster41 macrumors regular

19. keyofnight macrumors regular

keyofnight

I could imagine George W. running around his house confirming things: "This puddin' is delicious. Confirmed. Mission accomplished."

20. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

This is good. My bumper won't arrive until next week.

Bumper case plus Invisible Shield Full Protection = Sweet

21. decadentdave macrumors 6502

Proof Apple engineered the antenna problem to sell more Bumpers. It's all part of the plan.

[​IMG]

22. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Obviously you need to shoop in an iPhone 4 to his hand... with that playing card being so fabulously taking up the Retina Display!!!

23. decadentdave macrumors 6502