Bumper Recs

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pkts, Dec 7, 2011.

1. pkts, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011

pkts macrumors member

I've searched and I can't find ANY decent and reasonably priced bumpers. Basically something exactly the same as the Apple one but without the $30 price and the scratching the band issue.

$10-15 bucks sounds reasonable.

Rant....$29 for a piece of plastic????!??? Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't these bumpers mostly first introduced to deal with the antenna issues on the 4 and weren't they given away for free? I ponied up $39 dollars for the iPad smart cover but that actually does something functional. It turns off the screen and is useful as a stand. Plus it has a bunch of magnets and an intelligent design that makes it actually worth it

/rant

Thanks!

2. osubuckeye macrumors newbie

$3 bumper

I have this and it's perfect.

I bought it the moment I got my phone as a temporary case until I pick one that I'm wanting to actually spend $30 on. I can't find ANYTHING wrong with this case.

Add to that a screen protector and you're golden.

The back of the iphone is essentially the battery cover so I suggest looking through that website and finding one that you like for $15 to replace your $50 stock back. That way you can rock a bumper without worrying about scratching the back of your phone. (you can buy one that looks like your original or go for something unique)

3. pkts thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! It's out of stock in black but I imagine the other colors will fit the same.

4. osubuckeye macrumors newbie

yup, my wife got a yellow and blue since she wanted to highlight her white phone.

it's not QUALITY but I honestly can't see much of a difference between this and the 'GRIFFIN' cover I had on my 3gs.

it's rubber, it's plastic, it works, and it will def soften any drops.

The day someone yells at you for having a $3 bumper please let me know. Also tell them that at least you don't need to have a bumper for your bumper (like that $150 Draco)

5. white4s macrumors 65816

:eek: