Bumper regret...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by StephenAndrew, Jul 31, 2010.

1. StephenAndrew macrumors member

So I received my free bumper in the mail yesterday - slapped it on the phone only to find out that both the dock connector cutout and the headphone jack cutout were too small for my 3rd party car charger and audio jack. Ugh. So I got the ole Dremel out and carefully expanded the dock connector and headphone jack holes. There were some jagged edges when I was done so I took an X-acto knife to the plastic/rubber when it slipped and I sliced the ***** out of my thumb. I also managed to cut a big chunk out of the bumper when it slipped. So now I have a useless case (with holes that are still too small), a sliced thumb, and a blood stained carpet. Thanks Apple, your fantastic design is revolutionary.

I really wish they had one of each case offered at the retail stores just to test fit it on the iPhone before we chose one. I surely would have chosen a different case had I been able to "try them on". Oh well, lesson learned I guess :rolleyes:

2. StephenAndrew thread starter macrumors member

3. vynn macrumors member

I have the exact same problems. Most, if not all 3rd party 30-pin cables won't fit so I can't use it in my car dock which both charges the phone and connects it to my car stereo. I also have an headphone jack cable that I use to connect it to my home stereo which is too fat. :(

4. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

Why would Apple go out of their way to make sure every third party accessory fits, grow up.

5. DeePeezy macrumors member

This is true with the majority of cases and bumpers out there, not just the apple bumper. This is why I prefer the top and bottom of my cases to have compete access to the ports.

6. macpro2000 macrumors 6502a

They just don't seem like they are on their game right now.