Bumper Styled Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by buymeaniphone, Oct 9, 2010.

1. buymeaniphone macrumors 6502

buymeaniphone

What is everyone's opinion of the Bumper styled cases? Do you like them, do you think they're are pointless cause they provide minimal protection, etc. I'm not a big fan of them, but I'm curious to see how others feel about this newly popularized style of case.

2. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I've had a bumper since the second day I had my phone and I got the phone the day before launch. I have no desire to cover the back of the phone, but I felt it was a bit slippery naked.

As far as protection, I've dropped it twice, once on wood and once on tile, and there still isn't a scratch on either the phone or the bumper.

I know it's gotten a bad rap, but I recommend it.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I prefer my bumper over any case out there. Why pay to reverse Apple's incredible engineering that made it so thin and small? Didn't we pay for Apple products because it was thinner, smaller and better than other products in the first place? I've tried silicone cases, hard shell cases, flip cases, leather pouches. I've sold every single one of them because it ruined what I paid for.

I haven't gotten any scratches anywhere. And if I do, who cares about resale value. I bought this ____ (insert Apple product) for myself. Not for somebody else. If you drop stuff, then sure buy a case so it won't break into pieces. But don't spend so much because you can't stand a scratch in someplace you won't ever see.

The bumper was just enough protection for the average person and added a bit of flair. I especially like the Case Mate Hula and SGP's Neo Hybrid. It adds a touch of color/style/customization but doesn't ruin the Apple design nearly as much as say, the Speck Candyshell (poor quality and poor aesthetics).