Bumper vs Griffin Reveal Etch

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mKTank, Nov 30, 2010.

1. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Right, so I'm going to the Apple store tomorrow to pick out a case for my iPhone 4. I saw the Reveal Etch by griffin and think it looks cool. Then I know about the Bumper, obviously.

Now, the only thing that stops me from just getting the bumper right away is reports of the bumper scratching the aluminum antenna. I'm going to try and do a better job of taking care of my 4 than I did with my 3G. So I'm asking you guys, especially those who have experience with the cases, which one should I get? Are the reports surrounding the Bumper scratches overblown BS? Is the Griffin Reveal Etch a low-tier product?

Feel free to recommend other cases that can be purchased from Future Shop, Best Buy, or the Apple Store itself. I leave out online cases because I need a case badly. Anyone who says the antenna doesn't have a problem is in denial and needs a good reality check. It may not affect how they use the phone in a practical fashion, but it's there in a big way.

Anyway, can't wait to hear what you guys have to say about this.

Also, if you're going to be looking through the Apple Store for cases to recommend for me, do it from this Apple Store:
    http://store.apple.com/ca_kiosk_5001442

I don't know if the availability is universal so I'll leave the link there just in case. Thanks again in advance.

2. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

Having used all the cases apple has at their stores, I'd say go with the PixelSkin HD. Its the best all around for protection and style. The Reveal Etch's rubber sides get flimsy over time and doesn't fit as snug

3. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I got the Reveal Etch through Apple's case program and to me it isnt worth the money. It feels like "low-tiered" as you said, the back looks nice but if you feel it, it's not gonna last you for quite a while. I'm using Switcheasy's Vulcan but case preference is really up to you, I'm just giving my observation about the Reveal Etch.

4. mKTank, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010

mKTank thread starter macrumors 68000

mKTank

Hmm, thanks for the input. Looking at some reviews as well, seems the Griffin is a no-go.

I'm pretty interested in the Pixel Skin but it doesn't look like anybody here sells it.

EDIT: Oh wait, it is sold at the Apple Store. I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

Any contenders?

Also, I looked at the Vulkan but I'm not a big fan of cases that are partially see-through on the back.

How about the GeoMetric?

5. JASApplications macrumors 65816

I too think the PixelSkin HD is a good bet. I don't like the GeoMetric but I guess that is just me. Some people hate it and others love it.

6. scutts macrumors member

if you are looking at TPU cases and don't mind some openings on the back, Skyline case by id America seems like a good option as well. I'm a fan of their Gasket case (i own one) and the review seems legit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y6Kp2HB7J8

Good luck finding a case that'll suit you.