Bumper with skins just does not seem to work well

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Uabcar, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Uabcar macrumors 6502

First- I've really grown to like the bumper (had mixed feeling about it when I first started using it). I love the profile and simplicity. My problem is that it seems to continually lift the edges of my front and back skins.

I'm running a wrapsol orig matte back-looks awesome - and the Zagg front cover- which I bought locally after having all sorts of problems with the wrapsol original front film- also looks very good now that it's been in place for a few days.

Several times each day I find myself having to pull the bumper's rubber top/bottom back over top of the front and/or back skins. Just small sections here or there but noticeable. I would classify my use of the phone as pretty light so I don't think it's related to hard use. I am pretty anal about this stuff so I'm probably a bit more critical than others - but none the less it's annoying.

I hope that over time the skin makers begin producing a larger version for the bumper. Possibly one that wraps around the sides a bit. These cuts would obviously look terrible without the bumper in place.

One observation is that neither the Zagg or the wrapsol seem to be nearly as sticky of the BSE skins I've used in the past. Not sure if this has something to do with it or not.

2. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

I am starting to see the same condition with my BodyGuards that were professionally installed. I will be taking the phone back to have them look at it as the installer stated that these would work fine with the Bumper.

3. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

I have the bumper with a combination of Wrapsol on the sides and the invisible shield on the front and back because the Wrapsol front and back were garbage. My corners stay in perfect. Maybe its because of the side shields but I am very pleased with the combination on my phone.

4. Uabcar thread starter macrumors 6502

No side shields for me. I guess it could add just enough width to the phone that it keeps the bumpers out just enough.

I agree, 'm really liking this combo - skins /wBumper - so I hope I can get things to work together.

5. newbiemacguy128 macrumors regular

Anyone else having this problem? I wanted to go this route...

6. Mikey86uk macrumors 6502

yup, my back Zagg IS, keeps slipping, and coming up in the corners when using the Bumper.

Kinda disappointed! :(

7. FieldingMellish Suspended

Mine works well. Phone insertion and retrieval from a tight pocket is no issue. I carefully put the skin on to go to the edges, then worked the rubber Bumper lip over the skin all around.