Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mabewd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
Alright well, I've had my iPhone 4 for a couple months now (since around October) and I bought a White Bumper for it about a month after.

I've taken my iPhone out of it's "case" a few times to clean, and noticed a few scuff marks along the edges, figured they were just from my own damage, but after about 2 months of not touching the bumper, I decided to take it off today, only to see the stainless steel band completely COVERED in scratches. It looks like someone took a sharp needle and stabbed the magical innovation right out of the phone.

Now I'm OCD when it comes to my precious gadgets, and I eyed that metal band every single day and there were NO scratches on the phone before putting the bumper on, and now it looks like absolute crap.

Now I've read online that quite a few people have gotten their phones replaced due to bumper scratches, but with the knowledge of the age of the iPhone, I'm not sure they'll do it for me.

So pretty much, to sum up my rambling, is there any chance at all that Apple would replace my 3 month old Phone due to TONS of bumper scratches?

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
No, Apple will not replace your iPhone because of scratches.

You need to have a legitimate reason for them to replace it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.