Bumpers damaging iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by smurray, Oct 19, 2012.

1. smurray macrumors regular

I have a question for all of the iPhone 5 owners who have been using a bumper case regularly. If you take your bumper off, do you notice any damage to the sides of the phone? I loved my Apple bumper for my 4 & 4S, but one thing I did notice is that it rubbed the stainless steel band side and left some marks. I'm assuming a bumper on the 5 would do the same thing (if not worse) since the sides are softer aluminum. I'd like to hear from some people who've been using bumpers for a while before I buy one myself.

2. KandyKane macrumors 6502

I use a bumper on my iPhone 5, but I also have a skin on the side. The chamfered edge is still exposed but there's no damage at this stage.
    It didn't damage with my iPhone 4S until I used a fake vapor pro bumper, dust got between the plastic part and my phone and it scuffed on the plastic side.

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Have GA full skin. So no, no damage so far, and none expected.

Apple one did leave wear marks on the SS frame of my 4 though.

4. brendan1 macrumors member

5. Pauluss macrumors newbie

Is there anyone who knows what I must do?

Attached Files:

6. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

The horror! :eek:

Is that from a bumper?

----------

I also noticed wear marks on my stainless steel frame when I had my 4S, and I was using a Speck PixelSkin HD.

7. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Do?
    Use your phone?
    Its a disposable device, millions of them exist, that are only good for a couple years.

Did you put a case around the anodized coating to help it wear faster? Many are.

8. darster Suspended