Bumpers + IS + SGP

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by prozz, Jul 20, 2010.

1. prozz macrumors newbie

Hi,

Since ive got an iPhone 4, im considering to buying protection for my iPhone. I was about to get a White bumper but apple are offering them for free ( yay).

I'm going to buy Invisible shield and + SGP Oleophobic screen protector. The invisible shield im going to use the back cover and the side strips and the SGP for the front screen. Does the Invisible shield have a matte affect for the back?
    Ive heard that the apple bumper peals the screen protector off? is this only for the front screen?

Thanks

2. Bettz1 macrumors regular

Similar to my iphone i've got a white bumper & wrapsol on the front and the bumper does peel the sides up a little.I had the wrapsol on the back which made it look like matte black the bumper peeled that up a little. I've since taken it off and put on a SGP Skin Guard Carbon Black Set which looks nice

Might just take the wrapsol off the front and try the Steinheil Ultra Crystal Screen Protector

3. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

yea i noticed that the bumper gets under the zagg on the front in one of the corners a little bit even after it was installed professionally a week ago.. I think im going to go with just a full body skin and a holster or pouch and forget the bumper.

4. headcheese macrumors regular

Don't know about the Zagg skin, because their products suck,

But I have a SGP oleophobic on the front, a SGP carbon skin on the back, and a white bumper. All of these work in harmony together, and nothing is peeling.

Looks damn hot too :)

5. Bettz1 macrumors regular

White Bumper
    Wrapsol at the front (Peeling in corners :( )
    SGP Carbon back

:D:D:D

Attached Files:

6. Wasbo macrumors member

Hey Bettz,

Can you give me the link to that carbon back :D.
    It looks really nice. Are you guys using anything for the antenna band? Apparently the bumper scratches it.

7. TW!SM macrumors regular

To the OP. I have the exact combo you want and no peeling front or back. It's so far the best combo I have tried.

8. Bettz1 macrumors regular

Here you go
    http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/products_id/1472
    Just wished I'd got a clear screen protector to put under the carbon backing to protect the apple logo from scratches. I'm not sure if you can peel it up and reapply
    Anybody tried ???

9. Fisticuffs2065 macrumors member

Is the Apple logo being scratched? I just ordered my self that carbon back ;)

10. Bettz1 macrumors regular

Nope the logo is fine, it gets abit of dust in there but nothing to worry about.

11. headcheese macrumors regular

I switch between my carbon and the white "leather" skin that SGP offers. They come up really easy (although not with tape on the corner like a screen protector) and I stick them back on the yellow backing they came on.

And here's a little tip- if you're like me you have a ton of crap screen protectors that came with cases. Cut a little square off one and slap it on the Apple logo before you apply your skin :)

You're welcome!