Bumpers on White iphones @ apple.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aircwackanov, Jul 26, 2010.

1. aircwackanov macrumors newbie

Is anyone else bothered by the images being used on apple.com to sell the bumpers are of the white iphone, which, as well all know is not going to be released until later this year (my assumption is never)?

I think they should replace them with the black iphone images. If any other company were to do this they would be raked through the coals.

Yes I know I am a noob. No I am not a troll, no I am not trying to be an a__hole. I am just asking a simple question.

Thank you :D

2. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

They use them because the white iPhone shows the bumper better.

3. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

As expected Apple tries to hype their own products years before launch. So this is nothing new :D

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Probably anyone who is bothered by it are those who really want a white iPhone. The rest of us couldn't care less.

5. aircwackanov thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I ordered a white bumper thinking it would look great on the black phone and it was total fail. Then a green and fail. Yes they all look much better on the white so I just said F it and went naked with some duct tape :D

6. kjhawkm macrumors newbie

aircwackanov,

if you still have the white bumper, i will take that fail off your hands. Thanks.

7. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

+1

White bumper on black iPhone is the best looking combination.

8. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

9. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

for 1 week until it dirties and looks like worn wheelchair tires :p. seriously, the white bumper is a waste of money. My sister's as well as a coworkers white launch bumper look horrible now already.

10. aircwackanov thread starter macrumors newbie

Have you seen the white in person? It looks like some cheap patent leather shoes that your db bro-in-law would wear to a wedding.

It also "feels" different. Like the difference between wearing a condom and not compared to the black one.

In any case, no I sold it on fleabay and got 50 bucks for it then got a refund from apple for another 30 bucks even though I emailed them and asked them to not refund me since I 1.) sold it and 2.) believe they should fix the phone not offer some stupid bumper to try to make us happy.

:rolleyes: