Bunch of 15" rMBP refurbs on Apple store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kupkakez, Aug 1, 2014.

1. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I just randomly checked the refurb store after returning from lunch as I figured I was going to return my current laptop as I wanted the dGPU in the 15" model. I never thought of picking up a refurb, but figured why not check.

They just added quite a few configurations for the 15"! I checked this morning and there were only a few options.

Just snagged the high end 15" rMBP (not bto) for $2039, that's some nice savings over full retail $360. Sure it doesn't have the 200mhz boost, but I will not notice that for what I need it for.

If anyone is looking for a laptop and doesn't mind refurb check it out! :cool:

2. yellerdied, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014

yellerdied macrumors newbie

Indeed.
    I bought this lower-end rMBP15 (w/GT650M) Feb'13-release refurb (my first) for $1489 the other day...
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/F...-24ghz-Quad-core-Intel-i7-with-retina-Display
    ...and should see it around the middle of next week (from Harrisburg, PA).

Many posters here and elsewhere talk of getting the occasional upgraded components.
    I'm curious if the upgraded machines they got were always of the same release date...
    e.g., were they ever a later-released machine? i.e., I don't need Iris Pro

BTW, I've been using this 2007 15" MacBookPro3,1 since way back then.
    An Intel 160GB SSD and 6GB RAM (max addressable) have kept it surprisingly responsive.
    Mavericks gave it a boost. Using an apple mouse with it allows me to use some modern swiping gestures as well.
    I prefer web-surfing/interacting with that combo (& wireless keyboard) than with a retina iPad.

cheers