Bunch of my app store claim aren't mine...

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Menel, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

I don't use my Mac Mini much, mainly due to how clumsy and ****** OS X is. Mostly used for holding media.
    So here is another crappy occasion.

Was going to use it today for some video stuff. So I did the round of pending updates, 10.11.2, one drive, etc etc.

Bunch of my app store apps are tossing errors, 'Sign in to use this application on this computer / ... was purchased using the App Storeo n another computer.... blah blah"

I have only ever used my one AppleID... and I did purchase these apps, and have used them many times on this computer in the past. It won't take my AppleID password.

2. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Have you confirmed that your account hasn't been compromised? Can you sign in to your account on www.icloud.com and confirm that the password you think is correct is actually correct?

It sounds like someone got hold of your account and bought some apps using it.

3. Menel thread starter macrumors 603

Menel

iCloud login works fine. I have long had 2FA setup as well.

These are apps I bought, and have used in the past, but now have this authentication error.

After some googling...
    http://appleinsider.com/articles/15...ntication-errors-for-some-mac-app-store-users
    This site is saying Apple fubar'd the certificates. And I have to delete my apps, their data, and reinstall. Seems like bull ****.

4. haginile macrumors member

The problem should've been resolved in 10.11.2.