iPhone Bunch of White Apps added to Homescreen? Virus?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xnin3, Apr 22, 2013.

1. xnin3, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013

xnin3 macrumors newbie

So after installing a few themes from the BigBoss Repo, I resprung, like normal. Only this time, I found a bunch of white icons that said things like "Facebook profileviewer" and "SMSViewerS" and "iad" and "iadoptout". I feel like the names of the first two really could be viruses. Should I just restore and lose my jailbreak, just not to risk my data being compromised? Or are these normal things that happen? HELP! Quick!

EDIT: Here is a picture[​IMG]

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

3. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

Same thing happened to me the other day after installing a theme. I just respringed. I've had no issues since.

4. xnin3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you guys sure? I've heard of things like iOS diagnostics and Setup white apps being added, but nothing like SMSViewerS or FacebookProfileViewer, or are those just hidden apps added by things like Facebook? Thanks :)

5. novice121 macrumors member

it's not a virus, just a minor bug in the jailbreak I think.

Go to SBSettings, go down to Mobile Substrate Addons, and turn off 'libhide'... this I think will make the icons you hid appear again, so you'll have to hide them with Springtomize.... That's how I solved it in the past, don't know if it's still like that.

So if that doesn't work, just keep on googling like this: AdSheet FieldTest blank icons

Type that and research, be brief on the search terms, and use the date option in google for recent results.

If it only happened because of a theme, just respring and that's it, only do the above if it keeps happening after every restart.

6. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

No virus. Happens every now and then when I buy a new theme and install it. Just respring or reboot and the whites go bye-bye.

7. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

It happens to me whenever I delete an app through the settings app.

8. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

You can usually make this bug permanently go away using iRetiner GUI. At least that's what I used to use back in the day. Haven't had this bug since iOS4 though.

9. 5kylar macrumors member

5kylar

It happens from either Springtomize2 or SBsettings. When both of these aren't active it never happens to me. But it's so minor who cares ;)