Bundled G3 game title

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by theedge76, Dec 5, 2009.

1. theedge76 macrumors newbie

Greetings,

I've been using Macs on and off since 1999. I worked at an ISP here in NZ in 2000 at their technical support helpdesk, and we had an iMac (G3, I think - it was current at the time) to use as we had a few Mac customers.

With our particular Mac - which I'm fairly sure was a G3 (or looked like one, anyway) it came with the usual bundled software as well as a game. The object of the game was control a character (I'm thinking a penguin, but I could be wrong) around a world trying to reach the end. It was only a demo, but a great deal was made around the fact that it was *only* available for a Mac, not Windows. Many an overnight shift was made more pleasant passing the time playing that awesome game.

The years have marched on and I have long since left the company, however I was thinking about the game today and wouldn't mind having another crack at it.

Only thing is, I can't for the life of me remember the name of it! Does it sound familiar to anyone out there? I remember whenever the character got zonked he would sit down, shake his head, and then get back up and keep right on running!

2. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

I had a G3 iMac and it came with a demo of Bugdom. You lived in the microscopic world where grass was as big as trees and you collected ladybugs, keys, snail shells and leaves of clovers. There was even a level where you flew a bee.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I think Nanosaur might have been bundled at some point too.

4. theedge76 thread starter macrumors newbie

Bugdom was it! Thanks very much!! :)