Bundled Headphones don't pause/forward/etc??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ki2594, Nov 9, 2008.

1. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

I use the iPhone's headphones that came in the box mostly since there not bad quality and it has the mic, but anytime im listenin to music, the "clicking" button never pauses the track, or forwards to the next song, or goes back a song?

I have the latest firmware (2.1) and i don't know why it wont work. Its definitely not the headphones as i tried my mom's iPhone headphones and it didn't work...any setting that i need to set or something?! Please let me know!

2. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

When I got my iPhone, my earbud clicker didn't work either.

I tried restarting the phone, unplugging and plugging back in... Everything I could think of.

I took them into the AT&T store where I got my phone, and the sales girl plugged them into her iPhone... And they worked! "Oh great," I thought... "There's a problem with my phone!" I plugged them into my phone, to show her that there was indeed a problem, and they worked like a charm, and have ever since!!!

I don't know if it had anything to do with plugging them into another device, but have you tried that?

3. joseluis.17 macrumors regular

going backwards will only work on 2.1 but the other stuff should work fine try tu plug it harder until you fell a click and that dosen't work you should take them to an apple store :)

4. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Take it to an Apple store if nothing works. My first gen would have periods where it would not register a click, especially when I went from inside to outside during the winter w/ cooler weather.

5. ki2594 thread starter macrumors 6502a

(btw the headphones themself work perfectly, its just the clicker/mic)

the mic doesn't work either which pisses me off. Ill see what happens, any other suggestions guys?! My dad has some V-Moda headphones which he doesn't use anymore so i'll try and see if the mic from those headphones work, and i'll know it prolly isn't a problem with the phone.