Bundled with Direct TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by bobTheBenevolent, Feb 25, 2018.

1. bobTheBenevolent macrumors newbie

bobTheBenevolent

The gen. 4 is free with $109.00 commitment to Direct TV. Any reason *not* to buy in this way, other than hassle of quitting if I don’t like the service?

2. Closingracer macrumors 68040

If you know you want an Apple TV but don't care for 4k and want direct TV now then go for it.

3. bobTheBenevolent thread starter macrumors newbie

bobTheBenevolent

Thanks. I get it now. I do want Apple TV 4K. 4th gen. is not the latest. I’ll skip this promotion.

4. MistrSynistr macrumors 65816

It's a fantastic deal. I dropped SlingTV for this and enjoy DirectTVNow much better. I was paying $35 a month for Sling and am paying $35 a month for DirectTVNow with much more channels and a free Apple TV (as I was going to pay $35 each month for Sling anyhow).

5. wwjdjoe macrumors member

This promotion includes the Apple TV 4k.

6. walindour macrumors member

Can confirm. Just received mine via FedEx today.

7. red41 macrumors regular

I think the first person that replied was just stating that Directv Now doesn't have 4k. I've been on Directv Now since the beta. It's pretty solid and a good alternative to cable.

8. walindour macrumors member

OP states that the promo is for the 4th gen AppleTv but it is not. The 4K is the 5th gen, which DirectTv is offering as the promo.

9. Rigby macrumors 601

As others have said, the promotion now includes the ATV 4K, not the older 4. I did the same promotion last year (when it acutally was the 4). Cancelling the service is no hassle at all, just a few clicks. So I'd say go for it.

10. praterkeith macrumors 6502

praterkeith

I've enjoyed DirecTV Now very much. This deal is what pushed me to cancel my Dish Network service.

11. digitalexplr macrumors 6502a

digitalexplr

Took the promotion and haven’t looked back. Got the ATV4k in about 4 days. Canceled the cable plan added a HD antenna and we are getting everything we had before that we cared about watching. And the really good thing is we are saving $120 a month over the cable system, plus we increased our internet speed from 100meg to 500meg. Should have cut the cord a long time ago!

12. adam9c1 macrumors 68000

adam9c1

There is no hassle to cancel. You can cancel easily. They don’t string you.