iPad BundleID and Icon names

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thedeejay, Feb 17, 2014.

1. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Hi all,
    Problem #1

I'm trying to figure out icon names for stuff that I'm trying to port over to my iPad 2. Turns out it's not as easy as I thought. I'm looking at iPad retina variants and it's still not as easy as I thought. For example: they'd have the bundleID of com.getdropbox.Dropbox and the icon files would be AppIcon60x60@2x.png

Now the problem is when I reduce the image size and rename the file to just AppIcon60x60.png it doesn't seem to theme them. AppInfo is confusing as most of the Apps I have doesn't show. So does anyone have any knowledge?

Problem #2

Also - sometimes I have some icons that are stuck in the previous theme's icons. Anyone know how to clear that cache?

Thanks.

2. HenryLong macrumors 6502

HenryLong

Since iPad 2 is non retina I assume the correct icon size to be 76px.
    The icon name for this is most likely AppIcon76x76.png

To avoid searching for specific icon names in each app you might try IconBundles. It's a WinterBoard add-on which makes theming icons a lot easier.

3. cobbyco macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

iPad 2 uses 76x76 icons. Your problem is that your downscaling the iPhone retina icon (120x120) to a non-retina iPhone size (60x60). You need to resize the icon to 76x76 instead for it to work with the iPad 2. What's more, the name of the icon should reflect it's size (eg: AppIcon76x76.png). Unless everything is perfect, it just won't theme.
    I didn't make this clear: I've yet to make iPad retina icons for the 3rd party apps such as Dropbox (in fact that's exactly what I'm doing right now). If I had, you could just simply half the size of the iPad retina icon (152x152) to make a non-retina one (76x76), and then rename the icon to work. However, because I haven't done that yet, you have to instead take the iPhone retina icon (120x120) and resize it to 76x76 (MORE than half the original 120x120), and then rename it.

As for the icon cache problem: make sure you ALWAYS use WinterBoard to respring when you make icon changes. Normal resprings don't clear the icon cache whereas WinterBoard resprings do.
    If you do use WinterBoard then I have no idea. Sorry.

4. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

Looking at the icons from iphone and ipad 4 perspective...

There aren't any icons named AppIcon..... for dropbox.

you have the following:
    ipad-mini-76.png
    iphone@2x-120.png
    retina-ipad-152.png

So, I'm going to assume the ipad2 file name is going to be ipad-mini-76.png.

As far as having icons from other themes, stuck...

Did you place them in the app folder? Or are they being used in a theme from Winterboard?

Clearing the cache... if Winterboard respring isn't working, go into Cydia and search for RM Cache. Install it and run it. When running, choose the "Remove Picture Cache".

5. thedeejay thread starter macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Thank you all for your responses. You'd be glad to know that all your efforts have paid off. I'm almost about 65% done my porting of themes. Last question...now that I know how to name them, how do I figure out BUNDLEID's and Icon names for the icons ie. what if I was looking for an app that I use that's not common. What program would I use? I've tried AppInfo...it sucks. iFunbox doesn't help much as it could be quite tedious to go through and get the names of the icons from the plist.

6. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

AppInfo has never failed me to find any app, identifier, etc.on my device. What are you running into to think it's not good?

7. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

i think flipcontrolcenter and/or flipswitch was updated to delete the icon cache when using its respring feature (at least, it works when i manual theme by replacing the files for bitesms)

8. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

I only use AppInfo.
    Ditto.

What kind of problems have you came across with AppInfo? It's pretty straight forward.

9. thedeejay thread starter macrumors 65816

thedeejay

When I launch it it'll say BundleID: com.example.Example

For icons it'll say unknown. And in some cases it'll say Unknown BundleID aswell. So it doesn't really help much.

10. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Then you tap "open in iFile", scroll down to info.plist, open that, and you'll see the bundle identifier as well as the icon files.

11. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

I see. I only use Appinfo to get the bundle id. I use iFunBox to actually deal with the icons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

I use appinfo, iconbundles tweak and I file to change icons. Works great.

13. thedeejay thread starter macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Wow so I just got a chance to try it and can I say I'm so silly... I didn't even notice the tap in iFile option so I was like 'Now what do I do if it says "Unknown"'. Really appreciate the help guys. Completed the port over. Thank you!