Bungie partnering with.... ACTIVISION?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by sikkinixx, Apr 29, 2010.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I was all :| when I read that. Seriously what. Activision, aren't they the guys single handedly ruining gaming?

3. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

As long as Bungie get to keep making games on their own time frames, I'm fine with this. From reading that, it sounds like Activision understands that (theoretically), and won't be pushing them to release a game every year. We knew they were done with Halo, and moving on to other projects, so I guess a deal like this was bound to happen, but had you asked me who I thought they would partner together with for publishing, Activision would not have been my first guess. Time will tell how well this works out.

4. macfan881 macrumors 68020

5. iZac macrumors 68000

iZac

I would LOVE to see a Marathon Pfhor (see what I did there!) It's a shame it's so intertwined with the Halo universe, if only in concept and references. To the casual observer who only knows Bungie for Halo, they would think it's a cheap rip off.

I'd love to see an Oni 2, but I think take two own the rights to it now.

Most of all I just can't wait to see the front page of bungie.org updated!

One wonders if Claude Errera will run the new fan site as well as halo.bungie.org?

6. Tailpike1153 macrumors 6502a

Tailpike1153

7. chomomo macrumors member

More $$$$ for Bungie and ATVI.

This is a pure strategic move to port over games on different platforms. Being that Bungie's agreement with Microsoft Games Studio only limits to publish games for the Xbox 360 platform. Going with ATVI allows them to port over games into the likes of the Wii and PS3 platforms. Its the same agreement that EA and Valve have. Hopefully with the new upcoming Mac to steam, they can port over some of their old games into the steam distribution platform.