Bungie unscrews previously screwed gamer....

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by dmr727, Mar 13, 2008.

1. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Wow, that's really generous of Bungie. Too bad about his old Xbox, though.

3. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

How long ago was that? It's cool they helped him out but you seem to be trying to make some connection between being a Mac compnay a decade ago and being nice people.

Glad he got some type of compensation for his loss. Too bad it wasn't Microsoft actually fixing their mistake though.

4. luffytubby macrumors 6502a

luffytubby

Maybe I misunderstand what you are saying, but Bungie really was more than a "mac company". They where "the mac gaming company".

Not only was Marathon the best mac game ever created, when Halo was first shown at macworld 99... I mean.

Just take a look for yourself. holy ****.

The Halo franchise has carried the xbox brand all the way to this point. For 7 years this series was the main reason for microsofts succes. The importance that this single franchise has had can not be underrestimated.

Which makes me wonder if Halo 3 will make its way to PC/Mac.

5. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

wow. Old news. I heard about this almost 2 weeks ago. but it is a nice story

6. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

so are you trying to say that you're glad bungie was nice and gave this kid stuff or what?

I am well aware of Marathon for the Mac, as it is basically the only option I had for a game back in the days of my first Mac. My point was... is the OP trying to say that because Bungie was a mac gaming company, that is why they did this? I just don't see the connection. Also, Halo wasn't made for Macs...it was ported by a company seperate from Bungie, but you're right the original Halo was pretty successful for the XBox... http://www.macsoftgames.com/products/halo/MacSoft-Halo.html

So let's say that we're both glad the kid got something to replace his loss :).

7. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

halo was originally made for mac, but microsoft saw the potential and bought them out so they could have a good launch game for xbox. The original mac version never got finished, so macsoft just ported the xbox version

8. dmr727 thread starter macrumors G3

dmr727

I wasn't trying to imply that this happened because they were one time a Mac company. I thought it was a cool thing they did. And then just mentioned the Mac thing because it popped into my head at the time of the post.

9. AMessy macrumors member

I know exactly what you are talking about with Bungie, every time I hear their name or see their logo I think about their past as a Mac gaming company.

To comment on the story, the fact that some individuals at Bungie went way above and beyond what many people would do to show support for one of their customers/fans says a lot about those people and the company which they represent.

10. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Good one, Bungie.

As I recall, MS also contacted this guy and was supposed to be working on their own 'compensation' for their blunder. Did anyone see anything posted about what MS finally did for him?