Bungling up multiple monitors?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ramparts, Sep 6, 2008.

1. ramparts macrumors regular

So I'm a relatively new Mac user - well, I've had this MacBook for about three months now but I'm new to using it with my second monitor at school, like I did with my Windows box. So it's working great, except that it doesn't always handle things right when switching between monitor attached/not attached. For example, arranging everything nicely in the Dashboard on the laptop leaves things jumbled up when I switch to dual monitor (I use the external monitor as the primary), and worse yet, when I rearrange the Dashboard widgets in the external monitor to take advantage of the screen space, Dashboard remembers those locations and when I disconnect the monitor, some of the widgets disappear entirely!

I also have issues with some apps which I open in my secondary monitor (my laptop in dual-monitor mode) appearing half off the screen when I'm using my laptop alone, and some apps appearing way too big when I disconnect my external (because I had them big on there). Basically, all artifacts of my external monitor being my primary, when I have it connected, and having lots more pixels than the MacBook does.

Is there any way to fix these issues, to have everything re-adjust to the MacBook's dimensions when I disconnect the external monitor, or (especially for the Dashboard!) to have two different location settings depending on what my configuration is? Thanks!

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Just gonna have to resize... happens to me too.