Burley case for 5SE

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pertusis1, Jun 19, 2016.

1. pertusis1 macrumors 6502

I am posting this as a review of the 'camel leather' iPhone 5S case made by Burkley. I bought the case based on a positive write-up by another mac website, but have been almost entirely disappointed.

I say almost, because the fit of the case is not bad. It is easy to put on, and gives good access to the buttons. The leather Apple case made pressing the volume buttons challenging, and you lost the physical feedback of feeling the button click. Soooo, for full disclosure, I wasn't a big fan of the iPhone SE Apple case either.

Several problems have come up with the case. First, it does not stay on the phone well. I thought the plastic case would hold the phone better, but I frequently find that the bottom has slipped off of the phone. This contributes to a 'cheap' feel, and likely poor protection, though my phone has not broken. Secondly, the leather feels thin and 'plasticky', likely because it is a very thin lay of leather bonded to a plastic case. Thirdly, and most disturbingly, the leather has begun to peel away from the plastic after only a couple of months of use. Consequently, I need to order another case. Sure, I could get some glue and re-secure what is peeling back, but the truth is that even without peeling leather, the case is not that nice.

My plan is to get away from leather. I loved the way the Apple leather held the iPhone 6S, but leather seems to have a harder time holding onto a squared off phone.

2. Denzydenz macrumors newbie

Denzydenz

Did you try th Slim Extra by Shumuri for iPhone SE? I placed an order today, looking forward to receive it.

3. pertusis1 thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried the seidio surface. I have liked seidio products in the past.

4. Denzydenz macrumors newbie

Denzydenz

If you are looking for a thin case, you might give them a try!